PDA

View Full Version : newly refitted and tuned twin 40s

kronk10
14-04-06, 08:19 PM
hi My t40s are now fully working and tuned up if anyone lives in derby and needs anything doing to there car and i mean anything take it to top boss performance on stores road industrail park stores rd derby. Fittsy the guy that owns the place loves old skool he spent three hours tuning my carbs. And he never used a rolling road he used a stephoscope and listened to the carbs. He loves old skool carbs etc. His own car has been on a ford mag its a twin turbo v6 cosworth in blue with gold rims. My car runs and idles perfect and sounds amazing and the extra gains in performance is very noticable. It cost me 211 quid for him to refitt the t40's and set them up but he suggests a better flowing exhaust manifold and bigger brakes. now car is spot on:eek::thumb:

SRlew
14-04-06, 08:26 PM
sounds good mate, never heard that method before (no pun intended)
what engine you got them on?

Adam
14-04-06, 08:44 PM
THey will probably need re-tuning when you fit the exhaust manifold.

kronk10
14-04-06, 08:52 PM
sounds good mate, never heard that method before (no pun intended)
what engine you got them on?

A 1.4 sr eingine dont know what bhp its putting out now. would love to know:thumb:

SRlew
14-04-06, 09:00 PM
ah a good old SR, good stuff!
what else you done to the engine?

lew

Adam
14-04-06, 09:03 PM
Probably around 90ish.

kronk10
14-04-06, 10:45 PM
ah a good old SR, good stuff!
what else you done to the engine?

lew

Not many mods as i dont have much money, I have a uprated cam (but dont know the spec on this)irmscher inlet manifold and a sportex full system getting a new exhaust manifold but dont know which one????

Adam
15-04-06, 12:19 AM
Id get a Ashley 4-1 manifold, cheapest around, quite good too.

You say you have a Irmscher inlet, thats off a 1.3 which has different ports than your 1.4.
Do your inlet ports match the head ports?

nathan.
15-04-06, 10:35 AM
Cost me ?20 to set mine up on a rolling road in Alfreton, I was there about 2 hours. LOL.
My mate knows fitzroy. His cossy is awesome, sounds like a rocket. I remember when he crashed it big time in derby. Had to be cut out, Think he hit a skip lorry.

benji
15-04-06, 10:16 PM
i think everyone in derby has a story about a mate who know fitz, lol. crazy mutha fuker springs to mind!!!

kronk10
15-04-06, 11:26 PM
Id get a Ashley 4-1 manifold, cheapest around, quite good too.

You say you have a Irmscher inlet, thats off a 1.3 which has different ports than your 1.4.
Do your inlet ports match the head ports?
Asked fitsy about that said it runs quite well on the irmscher inlet manifold he wasnt pleased with it untill he got them running just right. He took off the inlet manifold and everything fitted and squared up nice. Maybe when i bought that head off the guy who sold me the webers maybe he fitted a 1.3 head??how can you tell without taking anything to bits??? And yes he is proper crazy but very clever when it comes to anything mechanical:thumb:

peester
15-04-06, 11:36 PM
cool, a big up to top boss then.. not too far from me either... ive been trying to find a decent place since velos closed down..

Adam
15-04-06, 11:58 PM
Asked fitsy about that said it runs quite well on the irmscher inlet manifold he wasnt pleased with it untill he got them running just right. He took off the inlet manifold and everything fitted and squared up nice. Maybe when i bought that head off the guy who sold me the webers maybe he fitted a 1.3 head??how can you tell without taking anything to bits??? And yes he is proper crazy but very clever when it comes to anything mechanical:thumb:
Ooo right, if you have a 1.3 head as well then the manifold will match fine.