PDA

View Full Version : DeVinyling-->Security.

GR
05-04-02, 10:36 AM
Ive just purchased a 1.3 SR, few body mods but with significant performance increase parts fitted.

I don't want this nova to get stolen like my last one, the main thing worrying me is the tailgate vinyl, displaying 'nova 1.3SR'

From a security sense to deter theiving sacks of shit do you think it'd be worth getting rid of the infamous SR rear display?

Cheers.

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

wisewood
05-04-02, 05:17 PM
from mere cosmetic point of view it's worth getting rid of it. But yeah - it will attract more scum if you leave it on.

If you remove the vinyl so it could be any sort of nova froma distance, de-lock the doors and have an imobiliser and alarm fitted you should be fine.

My SR sat for almost a year on the drive and was delocked - nobody ever touched it - it didn't run - but they didn't know that.
Not long after i bought it somebody tried to nick my merit - which did have locks but was much uglier.

Goes to show - de-lock it and crap car thieves dont bother.

Stuart
05-04-02, 07:52 PM
erm removing everything like that also suggests you have something to hide, ahh think about it! at the end of the day a window is nice and easy to break.

theives are like hackers, they do it coz they can, they dont care what they take as long as they can screw it into the ground

Im a Corporate tart :D

elgoodguy
07-04-02, 12:39 AM
De-lock it, de-badge it, CAT1 it, and relax. I do :D

v1nce
07-04-02, 10:55 PM
save the vinyl

save it!!!

2 many ppl remove it

ade
07-04-02, 11:02 PM
I agree with V1nce. The vinyl is ok on the back - if the car looks hot (fast, low etc) they'll break in for that not for the badge.
If you can't afford a cat 1 alarm get a wheel clamp - stick a police sticker on it (or a fake clamping squad one) - no one will touch it cos clamping crews are renouned for circling trying to catch people removing them - may deter a some. Keep all valuables hidden too.

Ade

oh now, that is interesting!

Fester
07-04-02, 11:43 PM
KEEP THE VINYL!

an SR is an SR - we love em

cheers micky my next SR (3rd!) will be sporting that little mod :D

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

GR
09-04-02, 11:09 AM
ade, where can you get hold of one of those police stickers or fake clamp ones that your on about?
Never would of thought of that as a good deterrent.

Vauxhall Nova - Defined in Spain
REFINED IN ENGLAND.

Grant@TranceAddict.Net

adam5
09-04-02, 12:07 PM
get a cat. try getting mine of the roof of my car. it'll scratch you to shreds!!! lol. def go for the delocking. especially the boot

lockys_nova
09-04-02, 05:29 PM
Same ere dogZ lol

If it has tits or wheels it'l giv u probs!:)

ade
09-04-02, 09:16 PM
Grant... make one - dead easy.
Use grafix package on computer then get local art shop to laminate it using a laminating sheet with double sided backing plastic on it. They cost pennies!
Laminating makes it water proof and you can laminate paper and even acetate so it is see through (handy as most wheel locks are yellow so acetate with black grafix on it will look the business). Its water proof too. I made some of them little GB stickers for me number plates years ago n they lasted for ages till I bought some new plates with em built in.
If you have a wheel lock, e-mail me the dimensions n I'll do the artwork for ya.

Ade

oh now, that is interesting!

Rich Dale
12-04-02, 04:53 AM
Been done that Micky....well, it said 1.6 SR actually but same idea.....many many moons ago.

I haven't got a clue where I saw it, but I did.

Sorry and all that.

Fester
13-04-02, 06:21 PM
rich, its not 'sorry', its dont do it! no need!

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS