PDA

View Full Version : Standard Dash bulbs

richardsneddon
11-04-06, 05:38 PM
Does anybody know the Type of bulb a standard mk2 dash bord takes? ie They technical name for the bulb:wtf:

mikey14sr
11-04-06, 05:41 PM
Depends which bulb, there are large and small capless bulbs from what I can remember.

richardsneddon
11-04-06, 05:43 PM
Basically im after the blue led replacement ones but i was asked for the type of bulb already fitted and i aint got a clue

Adam
11-04-06, 08:03 PM
Take one of the bulbs out the dash, and take that in with you.

peester
11-04-06, 08:33 PM
286 bulbs over clock, 3 heater controls and ciggy lighter/ashtray.
286t (t means theyre in a bulbholder) over the instruments, not sure bout light switch; never got the damn thing off... cannot change elec window switches illumination - all sealed unit.

Jack
12-04-06, 05:58 PM
^ Yep, they're all 286 ones for the dash elements; there's also three 501 capless bulbs behind the dials.

Bear in mind if you want LED replacement ones THEY WON'T FIT! I managed to wedge a couple 286's in the gsi dash in the saloon, but they were hopeless in terms of illumination and fitting. Kept falling out lol

For the dials, UltraLEDS do a diffused 501 style LED bulb which would probably be best for this, they give pretty good illumination on my faff BUT those dials light up differently to Nova ones. I had normal replacement LEDs in the saloon, and again the light was patchy at best (especially on the blue ones) :(

richardsneddon
12-04-06, 06:58 PM
Thanks everyone