PDA

View Full Version : bike carbs for 1.3 sr engine

maccas
11-04-06, 02:51 PM
alright guys i've got sum zzr1100 carbs for my 1.3 sr, they've been on a nova an it went really well but i was just wondering if it was worth doing as i didn't see the car that they were on when it was going, i need to manufacture a manifold which i'm making out of aluminium, so if anyone knows of any novas that have been on bike carbs plz let me know if its worth doin, cheers

Stuart
11-04-06, 03:10 PM
the only difference i can asertain is that the bike carbs tend to be a little smoooother at aprt throttle.. otehr than that they do more or less the same job as T40 carbs.. which have lots of support and cheap parts for.. your call on if you want to put the effort in to ge tthe manifold/linkage etc sorted i suppose

maccas
11-04-06, 03:17 PM
yeah i see what your saying, i think i might go for it though coz it'll be different, and i got them for free aswel so that helps, the throttle linkage is just one cable in the middle that operates all four carbs, and its a manual choke like on a mikuni carb so that shudn't be a problem, i think the main problem will be the vacuum hose for the servo, will i have to connect it into all four of the branches of the manifold or just one? i would have fort that if it wer just in one, that cylinder would run different? how is it connected with twin webbers?

Adam
11-04-06, 03:20 PM
The brake servo etc connects to the inlet manifold.
You would need to have a custom manifold made.

Or mod an exisiting manifold.

maccas
11-04-06, 03:26 PM
yeh i lukd at moddin an exsitin one but it int guna work coz on all the manifolds iv got, the branches all curl round into one place, eg for the carb or injector, ooh hang on a multi point injection manifold mite wrk mite it! cheers

Adam
11-04-06, 03:27 PM
You cut off the manifold to leave just like the 4 branches.
Then fit the carbs to that, some people use like thick rubber seals to fit the carbs to the manifold.

maccas
11-04-06, 03:32 PM
my m8s got a manifold of a 1.4 sri il go av a luk in abit n c wat it luks like

Stuart
11-04-06, 04:40 PM
less of the text typing or your access will become a tad limited lol.

no need for a manual choke with these kind of carbs.
on T40 setups you have only one servo tap on the 4th runner.. no probs there as usually you are off the throttle when braking so lean isnt that bad then.

dan23
11-04-06, 06:59 PM
i have a 1.4 inlet it has square ports ?15 delivered ,if its any use to you