PDA

View Full Version : Share the knowledge - Help our technicians

Vauxhall Mechanics
11-04-06, 02:25 PM
Wonderful site. Looks good and very informative.

If you have any queries that you find hard pressed to solve, then please visit the official Vauxhall mechanics website at www.vauxhallmechanics.co.uk (http://www.vauxhallmechanics.co.uk/)

Over 35 years hands on experience solving everyday technical issues.
Query . Share . Discuss at Vauxhall Mechanics.
We thrive on input from people with particular knowledge of the Vauxhall industry.
We hope to see you there.:)

VM Admin

2LBaz
11-04-06, 02:27 PM
Wow! at long last! Good to have u guys on hand!

Adam
11-04-06, 02:31 PM
Wow! at long last! Good to have u guys on hand!
Hes asking for our help,Lol.

Vauxhall Mechanics:-
Might also be worth also posting this on
www.migweb.co.uk

mikey14sr
11-04-06, 02:40 PM
Just had a browse around, looks like a good source of info for problems on later model vauxhalls, Could be handy for those who own a barge for trailering the nova's about.

Adam
11-04-06, 02:43 PM
Site keeps crashing on me.

Stuart
11-04-06, 03:03 PM
hmm wonder if i should go tart about on there.. mind you i CBA to go on yet another forum lol.. if you want info ask me lol

2LBaz
11-04-06, 03:13 PM
But is says if we have any problems^^^^:roll:

Adam
11-04-06, 03:16 PM
Most of the site looks mostly new vauxhalls.

Stuart
11-04-06, 03:16 PM
they want to share info.. eg we get some from them, we give some back etc. kinda how most of these forums work. but there are too many forums to keep up with.

Adam
11-04-06, 03:18 PM
Ooo right, i might register on there, and give it a look.

2LBaz
11-04-06, 03:26 PM
sounds like a good knowledge bank if yuo ask me

Stuart
11-04-06, 04:43 PM
if its actually relevant it will be good. but if its not then its just another VXoN basically lol

there is more or less all the nova info you could ever need out there between this site, PVG/RB/Mig and topbuzz plus other peoples individual sites.... so new vauxhall one needs to bring something "decent" to the show i guess. Ill look later and consider it lmao

mowgli
12-04-06, 12:06 AM
it just seems to be a site for people who happen to own a vauxhall, as opposed to an enthusiasts forum

Vauxhall Mechanics
12-04-06, 09:38 AM
Trust me, we are all Vauxhall enthusiasts.
I'm sorry if the information is related to the newer Vauxhalls, but it seems we have only been asked questions about newer models ;)

Our engineers do have a very precise and detailed knowledge as one has worked with Vauxhalls for nearly 40 years!

Kind regards

VM Admin

Stuart
12-04-06, 10:15 AM
enigneer or mechanic... whole world of difference lol

Simes
12-04-06, 11:08 AM
enigneer or mechanic... whole world of difference lol

do i sence a bit of competition?? lol

Stuart
12-04-06, 11:22 AM
nope, just some mechanics call themselves engineers what with all these trendy new job descriptions.. such as "fork lift maintenence engineer" OR in reality "fork lift mechanic/technition" is the real job..

I do engineering... its definately NOT mechanicing in a garage lol

Vauxhall Mechanics
12-04-06, 11:55 AM
I agree, glorified job titles to make people feel important.
Our secretary likes to be called "Personal tasks analyst".
I say she just answers the phone.

Please lend us a hand at VM, some of our "engineers" :D are old and tired. We need some young blood to keep the Vauxhall community away from the dealers :thumb:

VM admin

Ps. I used to have a Nova, loved it loved it loved it. That was until my sister drove it through a bus shelter :cry:

Stuart
12-04-06, 12:52 PM
you lot probably wont like my cavalier approach to fixing things lol

Vauxhall Mechanics
12-04-06, 01:44 PM
Which ever approach, as long as the result is a solution, who cares?:p

Stuart
12-04-06, 01:47 PM
with an answer like that... you were NEVER a dealer tech lol

mowgli
12-04-06, 09:02 PM
ok, is it possible to remover the whole front suspension from a chevette in one assembly for use on another vehicle?

this is a serious enquiry because I am attempting to shoehorn a rover v8 into a morris minor pickup & the existing front suspension & steering is in the way at the moment

Donova
12-04-06, 10:25 PM
To be fair, vaux main dealers have won a reputation for ripping us off, I was in there today and the parts guy was really helpful. ;)

Vauxhall Mechanics
13-04-06, 09:54 AM
ok, is it possible to remover the whole front suspension from a chevette in one assembly for use on another vehicle?

this is a serious enquiry because I am attempting to shoehorn a rover v8 into a morris minor pickup & the existing front suspension & steering is in the way at the moment

Would be very helpful to post this on the VM forum. I wasn't advertising to answer questions here, just if you needed extra help you could visit us.
I'm sure you can find the answers here, but if you want an second opinion then please check us out.
www.vauxhallmechanics.co.uk

raver
13-04-06, 11:11 AM
The whole front crossmember and suspension does come out in one peice on the chevette, i changed mine over from my old car not too long ago.

mowgli
13-04-06, 09:24 PM
I was checking the persons knowledge about old vauxhalls, All of the old rwd vauxhall viva manta cav chevettes had removeable front axles. hot rodders & kit car people have been using them for years. there was even a rally mid engined nova back in the early eighties that had a viva front axle grafted on it.