PDA

View Full Version : Cant get shaft out of box !!

craig green
11-04-06, 01:58 PM
I cant get the last shaft out of my F13 box. the 1st came out without a fight, too easily actually but the 2nd (short) wont come out.

the box is out of the car so access isnt a problem, but Ive broke 2 big screwdriver tips now. I'm sure perseverence & a proper pry bar will do it.

Any advice please.

Adam
11-04-06, 02:04 PM
Tyre lever, or a flat bar of some kind.

Stuart
11-04-06, 02:04 PM
your stripping the cluster down?

have you got the reverse gear "free" but not off?
get a copper faced hammer and welly the living daylights out of the 5th gear end (assuming that the 5th gear gubbins has been removed.
If its still not moving, take a piccy and post on here. ill be able to help better from that

craig green
11-04-06, 02:06 PM
Just wanna pop the inner CV (shaft) out. will try a big tyre lever from me Dad.

Adam
11-04-06, 02:07 PM
Woops, i thought he meant driveshaft,Lol.

Edit-O, he does,Lol.

mikey14sr
11-04-06, 02:13 PM
Oh you mean the DRIVEshaft, I've allways used a large flat cold chisel to pry them out with.

craig green
11-04-06, 02:14 PM
Oh you mean the DRIVEshaft, I've allways used a large flat cold chisel to pry them out with.

So a large stanley screwdriver wont work then? .. . . .lol

Stuart
11-04-06, 02:15 PM
lol too many shafts about...

all advise was accurate but the request wasnt lmao.

mowgli
12-04-06, 12:14 AM
I find that to remove an inner cv, undoing the lower steering joint from the wishbone, bolting the wheel back on & pulling on the wheel and using it like a slide hammer is very effective. if the gearbox is out & the other one has been removed, then inserting a suitable metal bar through the diff from the other side and giving it one with a hammer should do it. maybe you have it at too sharp an angle.