PDA

View Full Version : Nova top mounts What do you recommend??

Mark Beeson
10-04-06, 11:31 PM
My O.E front suspention top mounts have had it. Do I by some more O.E ones or go for alloy ones? Does anyone make a polybushed version? Im after something in between?

Alloy ones are good for race use but on the road im not sure.

Whats you thoughts??:thumb:

Stuart
11-04-06, 07:56 AM
i dont think you can get a "polybush" version of them... i guess new OE ones would be a lot stiffer than your current ones though.

MARTIN KELSON
11-04-06, 08:28 AM
Hi Mark
Hows things mate?
I would go for the ally adjustable top mounts if i were you. Not a problem using them on a road car. Not like its your daily drive anyway.

You doing much to your car ready for this year?

Cheers

Martin

craig green
11-04-06, 09:40 AM
If you are thinking they will be harsh on the road then your barking up the wrong tree. Not the case.

i'd go alloy eccentric for adjustability.

mikey14sr
11-04-06, 09:46 AM
If you need the adjustabilty, go for alloy ones, I got some new pattern ones for mine last year, a bargain at ?25 each.

Mark Beeson
11-04-06, 04:37 PM
Hi Mark
Hows things mate?
I would go for the ally adjustable top mounts if i were you. Not a problem using them on a road car. Not like its your daily drive anyway.

You doing much to your car ready for this year?

Cheers

Martin

Yes the cars in loads of bits again! 300 mm Brakes new suspention bits. New Quaife 5th Gear. New comp clutch cover and plate. 15" slicks. and a few secret bits.lol

Mart what front spring lbs rates do you use?

Mark Beeson
11-04-06, 04:47 PM
Can get a pair of essentric mounts for ?80 with vat. www.compbrake.co.uk (http://www.compbrake.co.uk)

Buy them???????????????

craig green
11-04-06, 07:43 PM
Yeah go on...... dare ya!

You get a r/caliper sorted Mark?

MARTIN KELSON
12-04-06, 08:37 AM
Hi mark,
I think the front spring rate is 275lbs i think but cant 100% remember!!
Whot are you changing your 5th gear to? What have you taken off and whot is your plan for it? My 5th bit short, with the 15" wheels on motorway its revving to hard and drinking the fuel! If your selling it let me know.

Slicks eh!! That should be interesting. You have any problems on track days running full slicks or they all ok with them?

Thinking of booking Donnington Park on July 9th for play at track day.

Mark Beeson
13-04-06, 09:16 PM
Yeah go on...... dare ya!

You get a r/caliper sorted Mark?

Yes ordered 2 new ones!lol