PDA

View Full Version : running rough! help

sillynova
10-04-06, 10:27 PM
ok the full story. on friday i was driving a noticed a tiny little miss fire on acceleration / pulling away. otherwise it was fine. anyway i changed the plugs dizzy cap and rota arm thinkin it was that. but it was still there. but not really notice able. anyway today (monday) the cam belt and water pump was changed ok. i drove it home just the same as it was (all good) then i decided to fit my amps and subs so i did (and disconnected the battery). then i started the car with the stereo on and it now miss fires like f**k in low revs till 3k then its ok.

Any ideas whats wrong? its undrivable :confused: its a 2ltr 16v redtop help please!

mad-driver
10-04-06, 10:42 PM
Just a suggestion but it aint like a Ford is it when you disconnect the battery sometimes they go a bit crazy. My mates Fiesta did and he had to reset the ECU in a weird fashion.

Just a thought but it could well be similar?

Unless someone has chucked some 300deg cams in while you werent looking lol

sillynova
10-04-06, 10:55 PM
well i duno how the ecu's work on novas!

sillynova
11-04-06, 10:16 AM
help its still f**ked

Adam
11-04-06, 02:16 PM
Is the ecu light flashing on?

sillynova
12-04-06, 09:10 AM
erm. aint got an ecu light. lol i think its in limp mode tho.? but not sure. and i think its the distributor assembly with the sensor in it thats ****ed.
but still not to sure.

mikey14sr
12-04-06, 09:33 AM
I'd suggest fitting an ecu light to start with, If there's no light to come on the ecu cant tell you there's a problem can it.

2LBaz
12-04-06, 10:20 AM
try an ecu off a known good car.

novadicko
12-04-06, 10:40 AM
cold start sensor mate i had same prob front left of engine near thermostat 2 wires at it chech no damp or bad conection if this plays up it will over and underfuel causing to run that way.

sillynova
12-04-06, 05:54 PM
hi ive just that cold start sensor. if u un plug it, then it dont start at all. but when i plug it back on it starts. so i guess its ok.

Also while its runnin if u unplug the plug on the dizzy housing/assembly it dont make any difference to the running. so would i be right in saying the means its that that is the fault?

novadicko
13-04-06, 10:31 AM
hi ive just that cold start sensor. if u un plug it, then it dont start at all. but when i plug it back on it starts. so i guess its ok.

Also while its runnin if u unplug the plug on the dizzy housing/assembly it dont make any difference to the running. so would i be right in saying the means its that that is the fault?

even tho mine is faulty if u unplug it it wont start because they work on resistance if u unplug the resistance will b mega due to no conection link it with sum wire c wot happens then there will b hardly eny resistance at all.