PDA

View Full Version : Rear disc conversion

NOVA_JONO
10-04-06, 10:06 PM
Hi, i have just bought a rear disc converted axle for my nova, think it has been done using astra gsi rear discs and calipers, question is are these rear axles hard to set up,(i.e do i need something in the braking system to stop the rear wheels locking up etc?, and will my 1.4 sri mastercylinder cope with, 2.0 litre discs on the front and discs on the rear?

Cheers Jono.

MARTIN KELSON
11-04-06, 08:35 AM
Hi,
You could put a brake bias valve in line so you can reduce the braking to the rear.
I used mine without for years with no problem. Soon as i stripped rear out needed bias valve because of weight reduction in rear made braking interesting!!
If your still running full interiour you should be ok.
Regarding master cyclinder you could try upgrading to a GSI one, mine always been ok.

mikey14sr
11-04-06, 09:50 AM
The master cylinder will be fine, they're all the same on nova's anyway, and lots of people still use them even with four-pots on the front.
If you're worried about the balance, you can blank off one of the brake pipes going to the back of the car, and connect both rear calipers to the one remaining pipe, as long as you blank the other off properly it should be fine.