PDA

View Full Version : help!!!!!gears feel sloppy

bonkars
10-04-06, 06:30 PM
now then in my sr my gears feel really sloppy and it is hard to go into gear sumtimes i heard sum1 say u can use a 4.5mm drill bit 2 tighten the gear linkage but how any pics so i can c would b very grateful cheers
:(

richardsneddon
10-04-06, 06:32 PM
geezer ill try and scan the haynes manual and e-mail it to you are you up north then

Stuart
10-04-06, 06:50 PM
get a haynes manual.. its VITAL

mikey14sr
10-04-06, 06:55 PM
The drill bit isn't to tighten it with, you insert it into the set-up hole in the selector cover.:wall:

bonkars
11-04-06, 05:49 PM
yeah fella im from north yorkshire

craig green
12-04-06, 04:05 PM
Its either alignment of the selector mechanism/linkage or the linkage & lever bushes have had it.

Last time I examined the HAYNES I realised how many bushes there are & how easy it could be to revive the shift.

I drove a 21k Nova the other day & the gear change was almost orgasmic. (slik)

richardsneddon
12-04-06, 04:25 PM
can you get new bushes cos i think thats wots wrong with mine as i have adjusted it it and it still aint quite right

craig green
12-04-06, 04:46 PM
can you get new bushes cos i think thats wots wrong with mine as i have adjusted it it and it still aint quite right

Check the HAYNES diagram & then cross reference what you think might be worn, get a price from your GM dealer. I would imagine the bits are available. not common bits exactly.