PDA

View Full Version : URGENT 1.6 Dizzy/Coil Wiring

rm7745
08-04-06, 06:42 PM
Im in the middle of fitting a carbed 1.6 gte astra in my 1.2 carbed nova mk1. The engine had no dizzy/coil, so i have had to pick up two because my 1.2 was a slot drive for the dizzy, and the 1.6 uses 2 pegs/lugs. There are 3 wires out of the dizzy, +ve, -ve and earth, and theres an amp under the coil, which wires go where???????????????

Help needed ASAP as in middle of Transplant

Stuart
08-04-06, 06:53 PM
did you get a "mini" loom with it so all you need do is wire up three wires?

Black is switched live, Brown is earth, green is tach (rev counter)

rm7745
08-04-06, 06:59 PM
nah m8, i got a dizzy with the three wires out of it, usin my 1.2 coil, and i gota lil amp for under the coil. The dizzy and amp are all seperate. there is thick black/red from amp, a green, a brown, and a black. The dizzy has a grnd, a yellow/black, and a blue/black wire. my coil has a green and black. if you could tell me EXACTLY where each wire need to be connected m8 would be greatful. cheers m8

Stuart
08-04-06, 07:05 PM
you need the little loom from the dizzy to the coil, to the amp... otherwise its like pissing in the wind lol

rm7745
08-04-06, 08:45 PM
i spoke 2 sum 1 doin stock rods, he reckons all the gree connect, all the black connect, an the thick black/red is a switched live, and the coil has the standard swithced live