PDA

View Full Version : mark2 dash conversion

thephantomone
26-03-02, 03:06 AM
Does anyone know if you can fit mark 1 sr clocks to a mark 2 dash, i read somewhere that they dont lie flush and sit back slightly coz their isnt a bracket at the top of the clocks to fix to the dash is this right. Will they fit if a bracket was made?, my dad is an engineer so nothings too hard for him. Any help would be grate.

Also is there any differnce between a standard mark2 dash and an sri except the clocks???

Steve

wisewood
26-03-02, 10:02 AM
mk1 clocks are a different shape all together i think... completely different.
wont go... and would look daft if they did.

dan_5door_johnson
27-03-02, 11:20 AM
I have mk1 clocks in my mark 1 dash, they do sit back alot and are basically just placed there, no screws holding them in, but theydon't look outta place, if you could get the mounted properly you wouldn't see any difference.

If your going to all the trouble of getting a frame manufactured though, it would probably be better to go for a digi dash....??? just a thought anyway mate.

Dan

About as welcome here as a fart in a space suit...

jkhilton
27-03-02, 01:09 PM
hmmmmm.... mk1 clocks in a mark 1 dash and they don't look out of place!! hardly suprising mate!! lol, I'm guessing there was a typing mistake somewhere there!! :)

Soon to have a Turbo!! but what kind?!?!??

novax
27-03-02, 10:44 PM
I've got the same, Mk2 dash conversion in my GTE. I solved this with a thin washing-up sponge behind the clocks on the steering column bracket. Put it in a polybag just in case it gets damp. They are then lightly pressed against the new screwed on cover.

SORTED :)