PDA

View Full Version : pierburg 2e3 carb help

kronk10
07-04-06, 07:10 PM
Hi my 1.4 sr nova is still over revving on full throttle so i took it to a mate of myn and he thought it was the fast idle cam sticking. But he sprayed and lubed it up and took it for a test drive, still doing it!!!!:mad: as soon as he noticed what it was doing while driving he said it is the secondary throttle vacum unit that is kicking in at high revs and sticking. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it or would i just have to buy a new secondary throttle vacum? anyone got a clue:thumb:

kronk10
07-04-06, 07:44 PM
I just tried prizing the vacum unit and it seems to work fine i took the pipes off (how can you tell there not blocked) and blew down them. I also sucked on the vacum etc and it seemed to operate fine opening and closing is there anything else i could do. I have got the haynes manual but it doesnt list this fault it just says (about the vacum) '' if a source incorporarting a gauge is available (i havnt got a gauge) apply apporximatley 300 mbar(?) (9 in Hg) to the choke pull-down unit, at the hose nearest the carburettor body. Close off the vacum source and check for leaks''. Then it says ''if a suitable vacuum source is not available, testing of suspect unis must be by substitution of a known good item'' god that is boring but basically means i need a new vacum to test:eek:

johnny27
08-04-06, 09:55 AM
As i said in your old thread, this is excatly what happened to my old 2e3 carb, and yes i tried testing the little vacum pump like you did and it seemed okay. I think the only way is to replace it. You could try a 2nd hand one, even a mk2 astra 1.6 carb has this vacum unit, but you never know it could have the same fault. With mine, the only way i cured it was converting to t40s but this is no good in your case. But yes defintely the vaucm failure WILL cause the second choke to stay open, your could throw a rod and bust the block very easily if your booting it, i would recommend not going over 3500rpm until you get it sorted

dan23
08-04-06, 01:10 PM
i have a mint 1.4 sr carb for sale 15 ? posted (i payed ?25 for it as it has been recondtioned but now i use t40s so dont need it

johnny27
08-04-06, 10:32 PM
if i was you, i'd buy that carb in seconds :-) Most 2nd ones, have something or other tattered or broke, could'nt beat a recon one though. Plus your current one may have a few things wrong that are causing the prob

bonkars
10-04-06, 04:52 PM
is it a pierburg if so can i see a pic n will defo have it off u cheers