PDA

View Full Version : HELP:nova heater

leemh1234
07-04-06, 06:34 PM
Right first of i got a 91 j nova 1.2 and the heater blower doesnt work now i've changed the blower and the switch inside the car nothing so i wiggled the wires under the bonnet that go to the blower POP! there goes the fuse,now there's power to the switch inside the car.but still nothing

any come across this problem before?

HELP needed its hard driving with a steamed up window.

:mad:

richardsneddon
07-04-06, 06:39 PM
Ithink i heard a thing where its somethin to to wit the bushes in the motor itself get clogged up take it to a good electrician get him to have a look

loggyboy
07-04-06, 06:46 PM
just pop down scrappy get spare motor - swap it and see if that does trick - you probly just caused a short when u wiggled the wires, hence the fuse pop
ping.

leemh1234
07-04-06, 08:13 PM
but the motor is in the blower and i changed that.anything else you can suggest?

Donova
08-04-06, 12:08 AM
Must be a bare wire shorting somewhere,follow em back from the motor.

steviegsi
02-05-06, 03:33 AM
maybe a bit late like but.....when i put the gsi dash in mine , where the wire for the knobs for the heater click to the back of the dash in a groove thing that holds it , it was broke. what i did was got the wire sitting that the window would clear but now no one is allowed to touch the heater controls.....lets hope its not to hot or not to cold this year! severely bad way of writing that but hey.

Stuart
02-05-06, 09:26 AM
Have we got a technical forum????? hmmmmm i wonder :roll: