PDA

View Full Version : stopping the power pedal going too far.....

daveb948576
06-04-06, 11:22 PM
hello guys and gurls, im new to this site and wanted to say hello "hello" at the same time asking a question about my accelerator pedal so here goes....

...i have fitted a carlton tb to my 2.0 8 valve and im a bit worried about if i push the pedal down too hard its going to snap the spindle or the cable its self, i have removed the spring from the pedal end of the cable to get a better feel of the car, i have set the pedal so that it sits at the top and the throttle body is closed but when i push the pedal down it only goes to half way the only thing stopping me from pushing it any harder is a small peice of metal on the tb...:mad:

can i put a big bolt behind the pedal so i cant push the pedal down any further without the risk of breaking anything??? thats the only thing i can think of that will actually stop me forcing the pedal to the floor and snapping something.

all sudgestions are welcome.:thumb:

craig green
07-04-06, 04:27 PM
Your idea sounds do-able.

On a std Nova tb (& others i'd imagine) there is a grub screw that acts as a throttle stop. maybe wind in a longer bolt. You can also get surface mount bump stops from demon tweeks. Perhaps that'll be better under the pedal.

Reason its happening is because the wrong linkage is on the tb. Would the original linkage fit over?

daveb948576
07-04-06, 06:57 PM
there is a peice of metal hitting the tb when the pedal is applied from stopping it opening the flap too far but it dont seem very strong perhaps it may last but i dont want to take the risk, those bump stops are a good idea i might just get one of those.

also, come on own up who's broke migweb:confused::D