PDA

View Full Version : Paint job.

tappingt
06-04-06, 06:41 PM
My car is going in for a respray in a week or two, metallic black is going to be the colour. It has all GTE parts. What parts shouldnt be sprayed iam thinking maybe i should keep the bumpers matt black with the rest metallic any ideas? thanks.

richardsneddon
06-04-06, 06:44 PM
if your keeping the bumbers matt keep the skirts matt aswell if you have them

Benn
06-04-06, 09:37 PM
hi dude,
am in fareham as well,
and why paint the bumpers matt?
why not get a gloss grey,
i did on mine,

Jack
06-04-06, 09:49 PM
I'm not convinced matt grey bumpers would suit a metallic black car...

bump
06-04-06, 10:23 PM
I'm with Razorjack on this one.

Welsh Dan
07-04-06, 12:22 AM
I'd get it all sprayed metallic black.

JSeymour
07-04-06, 12:36 PM
leave the trim along the bottom matt black ie the skirts and back splitter.

JSeymour
07-04-06, 12:42 PM
tom have you seen that dark silver/grey phase1 2.0 in gosport next to the range DIY shop. it looks awsome! get your car sprayed that colour.

-tucny-
07-04-06, 07:35 PM
i think grey plastic bumpers only suit cars with solid paint. thats just my opinion though. you can always spray the bumpers at a later date if you dont like them grey/matt black.

tappingt
09-04-06, 08:13 PM
no i havent seymour though iam still confused about what colour to do the bumpers iam thinking the bumpers metallic black the splitter, sideskirts and rear GTE splitter all that grey/black colour.

Benn
09-04-06, 09:00 PM
mine are a metalic dark grey,on a metalic blue car,the bumpers are really close to the std colour,and looks just right,and both of you near me,didnt know anyone on here was down my way,

JSeymour
09-04-06, 11:45 PM
mine are a metalic dark grey,on a metalic blue car,the bumpers are really close to the std colour,and looks just right,and both of you near me,didnt know anyone on here was down my way,

never seen your car, or dont think i have anyway. ive got a white sr on the corner of lee on solent high street. would of thought id heard of a nice 2.0.

do you know someone called jason with a nova down are way?
seen a bright green nova/speedlines?, got a mate doing a 2.0 8v gte conversion at the mo.

Benn
10-04-06, 12:31 AM
yeah i know jason with the black one,and see mine here....http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=259999was in lee on thus night...

JSeymour
10-04-06, 11:31 AM
never seen that before! a friend told me about it, he pulled up next to you in a 106 sxi and said something to you about your car though,

are you going to burnin' b'mth up matchams on sunday?

any way love your car looks perfect..

ade
10-04-06, 03:54 PM
The side skirts and rear spoiler (if its a wrap job) were designed to be a different colour so they'd stand out - subtle change to the standard colour. If the cars all black, painting these finer details will lose the overall effect (They'll get swallowed up). Any other colour you could get away with painting bumpers anthracite - but on a metalic black car bumpers should really be colour coded. I'd stick the skirts and wrap though as standard (its not matt black its anthracite).

Benn
10-04-06, 07:06 PM
never seen that before! a friend told me about it, he pulled up next to you in a 106 sxi and said something to you about your car though,

are you going to burnin' b'mth up matchams on sunday?

any way love your car looks perfect..
ah yeah he said it was really nice andvery low...never been to matchams,and i'm always out about about in the car...