View Full Version : mk2 dash removal

octane
06-04-06, 05:52 PM
how hard is it to remove mark2 dash?
haynes says you need special tool for heater/light switches?
what did people use instead of this

richardsneddon
06-04-06, 06:05 PM
You can just Bend the tip of a thin piece of metal 90 degrees put it in behind the switch in it should pop out i think why you wanting it out?

octane
06-04-06, 09:58 PM
because i want to do some welding behind it, and also want to send it away to get flocked.

novamadman
07-04-06, 12:48 AM
pull hard enough and the switches will come off

there is 4 screws - 2 at either side of dash beside door hinges

1 screw behind centre console

when u remove the clocks look in and u will see a 13mm nut screwed onto threads which are part of the dash all u will have to do is slacken the nut and the dash will slide out at that part

same on other side - remove glovbox and look up in it is the same idea

thats it really holding the dash itself in just remove all wires, steering wheel the obvious stuff before

hope this helps

shane

octane
07-04-06, 10:05 PM
how do you get the steering wheel off i've undone the bolt behind the horn cover and pulled like mad but its not budging??

Adam
07-04-06, 10:12 PM
It some times takes some force to get the wheel off.
You might need a puller to remove it.

johnny27
08-04-06, 10:10 AM
Abit of hard impact helps the wheel removal, get a hammer and a extension bar from a socket wrench and bit the feck out of it. You'll also want to shake and pull the side's of the wheel when doing this so you'd need to ppl to be right.

Riggy
08-04-06, 11:27 AM
lol my colum colapsed on my cos i had to **** my wheel so hard to get it off last time lol

Adam
08-04-06, 01:29 PM
If you try and hammer the wheel off, make sure you leave the middle nut on a few threads, you dont want the wheel flying off and doing some damage ;) Lol