PDA

View Full Version : X16XE transponder!!

dabest2k
05-04-06, 04:49 PM
Okay, Im going to be doing a engine swap in my Nova from a 1.4sri to a 1.6 out of a Tigra...

Now my only query!!

The transponder and key chip - is the pickup located on the ignition barrel?? I presume it is from reading through old posts throughout the forums..

Now the wiring! How do I go about wiring the barrel up to the Novas wiring ? Or do I just need the key and transponder in the car! and use the nova ign barrel?

Any help would be mostly applreciated..My first engine swap...I hope it all goes ok..Im a bit of a Newb! But I'll give anything a go.

mikey14sr
05-04-06, 05:06 PM
The transponder (chip reader)clips on to the outside of the ignition barrel. It should have it's own wiring going to the ecu. You might be able to remove the chip from the key, and have it put into a newer style key that has been cut to match your current one.

Adam
05-04-06, 05:07 PM
Just tape the chip next to the transponder.

dabest2k
05-04-06, 06:49 PM
Many thanks guys,

Paul.

dabest2k
06-04-06, 01:13 PM
More questions guys, What is the easiest way of getting my 1.4 engine out?

Will I be able to get the engine and gearbox out from the top all in one? Or will I have to take the engine out first, then the gearbox?

Also what is the easiest way to disconnect the driveshafts from the box? Do I need to drop the wishbone away from the hub then pull them out of the geabox?

Also once the the driveshafts are disconnected from the box can I leave them connected to the hub and then re-connect them to the new 1.6 box once its in?

Please any help/pictures/guides would be greatly, and I mean geatly! appreciated...

Paul.

Nova Full
06-04-06, 01:18 PM
i've always found dropping the engine and box together out of the bottom and lifting the car over the top, you will need to remove your anti roll bar and maybe tie bars though