PDA

View Full Version : whats wrong with you people!!!

squeek
04-04-06, 03:56 PM
every day i seem to read different opions on cars in this forum, but nobody seems to have any style sense! where the minted cars u see in max power with neons, jap spoilers, led tail lights and bodykits??? these things are works of art!! ask me and i think u all need to get a grip and put some ideas on here about fibreglassing things, doing wacky tints like silver/chrome affect etc, and concentrate more on exhausts that could make u **** yourself!
nova drivers wanna be heard, we have an image to keep up that u lot r letting down!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

dhdev (Oli)
04-04-06, 04:01 PM
hahahaha!!! Think u should head to the 'styling forum'

General Baxter
04-04-06, 04:02 PM
:tard:

graham kirkbride
04-04-06, 04:03 PM
Hi mate!!! HOPE MOST OF YOU AGREE ,Every one to there own , personally i dont like all that fibre glass cr_p especially on a nova, body kits yes, And it's like this you dont have to go to the xtreme to make a nova look good, And we dont need a reputation as we have a big one especially on the track or santa pod. ASK THE SCOOBY BOY'S etc etc

NickWalliams
04-04-06, 04:04 PM
Nugget

letmelive
04-04-06, 04:04 PM
i have an image :D you'll see, i brought 2 jap exhaust bodykit which is being customized, already resprayed and tinted with sxi 16 inch alloys, and calibra leather seats and theres gonna a differnt dash in there :D, also a fiancee as a welder who is getting rid of every bit of rust and welding plates on, so far it looks like new. pictures at end of the month.

Iain
04-04-06, 04:08 PM
nova drivers wanna be heard, we have an image to keep up that u lot r letting down!!!!

The chav image? Is that really the image you want to support?

I can appreciate a well built modified car with the whole bodykit etc, but most of the time it's mismatched bolted on crap which doesn't follow the original lines of the car.

Stuart
04-04-06, 04:12 PM
mmmmmmmm im off to hellfrauds for some bits :)

graham kirkbride
04-04-06, 04:14 PM
lmfao

The Simps
04-04-06, 04:18 PM
Gotta be a wind up this!!

Simps.

General Baxter
04-04-06, 04:19 PM
body kits are the future :thumb:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/baxters83/my%20cavalier/carphotos119.jpg

-tucny-
04-04-06, 04:20 PM
i think its n age thing all this body styling stuff. i remember when i passed my test, i stuck things all over my car and dreamed of being able to afford big fibreglass bumpers, so much so i bought all the gear to do it myself and set too making loads of stuff. i liked the attention i got when i was out and about. however since my novas been off the road (a few years!) for restoration, i have completley grown out of it all. infact it makes me cringe to see cars with big daft spoilers and bumpers on them and exhausts the size of the channel tunnel. the majority of these things on the market just dont suit the cars original styling.

im not saying i dont appreciate the effort people put in, i think some kitted cars do look really nice-at a show. but i just laugh seeing them screaming round the maccys drive through.

NickWalliams
04-04-06, 04:23 PM
Bodykits For Novas Should Be Banned

Crazy Ry Ry
04-04-06, 04:23 PM
Everyone has there own taste and personally i dont see six ton of plastic glued on a car as the way forward . there is nothing wrong with nice clean lines on a nova . if we all stuck kits on them then there would be no point in doing it you might as well keep them all standard ! lol

General Baxter
04-04-06, 04:26 PM
like looks ok tho :)

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a191/baxters83/IM000316.jpg

Ash C
04-04-06, 04:35 PM

correct

novamadman
04-04-06, 04:39 PM
correct

me 3

womble sri
04-04-06, 04:43 PM
nutter

novamadman
04-04-06, 04:51 PM
:tosser:

JSeymour
04-04-06, 05:13 PM
put some ideas on here about fibreglassing things, doing wacky tints like silver/chrome affect etc, and concentrate more on exhausts that could make u **** yourself!
:mad: :mad: :mad:

wacky tints like silver and crome!!!!!! lol lol

Rexy
04-04-06, 05:38 PM
What a guy, everybody take note of this dude... he's right...

Every single nova owner wants the attentions from the "young chavs" to the "hardcore rally nuts" and eveything inbetween...

Yeah, I wana pimp my ride Uk stylee baby fibreglass body kits, neon's, Bling rims and a phat stereo aww man i can feel the attention right now, Imagine pulling up at a petrol station getting out and thinking Yeah I'm cool...

Then, some lad in a stripped out nova laff's there ****ing bollocks off at you and call's you a fooking gimp "respect"

General Baxter
04-04-06, 05:40 PM
gimp

what a word lol

SKoob
04-04-06, 06:02 PM
I'm hoping he isn't being serious lol if he is, i'll have to order a delta kit for me nova and transplant in a 1.2 :thumb: lol

Jack
04-04-06, 06:24 PM
Nuts. There's a Mk1 1.2 for sale along the road. ?500. I'm gonna buy that, strip the bumpers off my '4 and stick them on the Nova.

I'll be so pr0 then :cool:

Nobby
04-04-06, 06:36 PM
pmsl had 2 post on this thread - right ... everyone has their own opinion as to what they wasnt to do to THEIR cars lol you do what you want to do not how you say we should be following a ''STYLE'' imo novas look stupid with big bodykits but that because i prefer the sleeper old skool look but as i said thats MY opinion!! FOOOOOOL!!!!

Rexy
04-04-06, 06:37 PM
Oh Jack i love you so dearly "respect"

mikey14sr
04-04-06, 06:46 PM
Just to add my 10p before the thread gets closed, There are amongst the people that use this site a number of groups as far as styling preferences are concerned.
There are a few peeps who are into big body-kits, and there are those who prefer to even remove some of the standard trim.
Most people, if they don't like the look of a particular car will and have on many occassions state 'not to my taste' or simmilar, and in the same post may commend the efforts of the builder aswell.
I dont see the point in posting a rant about it though, personally.

squeek
04-04-06, 06:47 PM
those of you who said kits are the future, i agree!!!! get with it, the bigger the better!!!
P.S WIND YOUR NECK IN MIKEY14SR!!!

Jack
04-04-06, 06:49 PM
Oh Jack i love you so dearly "respect"
Well my gf has just asked if I want a threesome...

:thumb:

Stuart
04-04-06, 06:49 PM
body kits = too much weight. but your entitled to like them lol.
just dont go touting it like this..

NickWalliams
04-04-06, 07:22 PM
Hey squeek wouldnt you prefer to have some t*at try overtake you in his vts or rs turbo then leave him for dead and laugh your bollocks off!? Or would you prefer some gimp in their 1.25 zetec nail you and make fun of your bling machine!???

General Baxter
04-04-06, 07:27 PM
can you do both, high power and body kit?

Welsh Dan
04-04-06, 07:27 PM
Hey squeek wouldnt you prefer to have some t*at try overtake you in his vts or rs turbo then leave him for dead and laugh your bollocks off!? Or would you prefer some gimp in their 1.25 zetec nail you and make fun of your bling machine!???

Stripped down, sleeper look, LET nova every single time :D.

Mike.
04-04-06, 07:31 PM
lmao @ this thread, my cars got a fibreglass tailgate does that count lol

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v631/6666666/fiberglasstailgate015.jpg

NickWalliams
04-04-06, 07:37 PM
can you do both, high power and body kit?

Depends what you mean really, what is the point of fitting a rapid engine then weighing the car down with tat?

The way I see it is If it doesnt improve the performance of the car in some way then why put it on the car???!

If some one wants to fit a massive bodykit and neons then fine Im not saying they shouldnt I just happen to think its really sad and pointless.

:thumb:

squeek
04-04-06, 09:09 PM
its all very well doing high speeds but if it hasnt got the looks i.e graphics, neons, flip paint, 18's etc wots the point??

Welsh Dan
04-04-06, 09:10 PM
its all very well doing high speeds but if it hasnt got the looks i.e graphics, neons, flip paint, 18's etc wots the point??

Because you don't look like a fanking wucker. :p

SKoob
04-04-06, 09:19 PM

well said :thumb:

Jack
04-04-06, 09:24 PM
ROFL there's a sig quote right there :lol:

squeek
04-04-06, 09:24 PM
least im not one kid lol

Welsh Dan
04-04-06, 09:27 PM
Nor I. :)

Whereabouts in Wrexham are you from?

NickWalliams
04-04-06, 09:30 PM

Theres no helping this nugget! lol lol lol

What the point in going fast without a bodykit and neons??!!??!!lol lol

maybe Michael Schumacher should get one for his F1 car lol

slammed saloon
04-04-06, 09:30 PM
lol at this thread, i aint a fan of bodykits, too much weight n too much unwanted attention from the fuzz and all the robbin gits out there. sleeper look all the way :thumb:

squeek
04-04-06, 09:31 PM
brynteg la. u?

slammed saloon
04-04-06, 09:32 PM
pmsl at nick i agree :cuckoo:

squeek
04-04-06, 09:34 PM
didnt think it added much weight, if anything helps downforce!

slammed saloon
04-04-06, 09:35 PM
of course it adds weight they aint feather light are they!!!!!!!! all theese giant trolley handle spoilers n hoooooooge bumpers weigh more than standard trim stuff

JSeymour
04-04-06, 09:36 PM
squeek, have you got a nova?

squeek
04-04-06, 09:37 PM
whats a trolley handle spoiler?

squeek
04-04-06, 09:38 PM
got a 1.0 litre merit in blue. having twin 45's la

slammed saloon
04-04-06, 09:38 PM
one that sticks about 3 feet off and three feet above the roof line of the car

Lee
04-04-06, 09:40 PM
Im not going to sit here and say its sad to fit a bodykit, if thats what you want to do, do it, but jesus do it right. The amount of poor novas ive seen still in primer with rust bubbling through the ragged arches, with a huge wonky jap kit on it and a big skyline spoiler 'no more nails'ed onto the roof, with big seatbelt pads sporting the legend 'motorsport' hugging the driver into his standard 1.2 milking stool of a seat, and the exhaust which has obviously been stolen from the end of a lorrys smoke stack gaffer taped to the end of the standard pea shooter, while rolling on 18 inch alloy wheels running totally the wrong offset, causing the owner to pull the arches out with a claw hammer, which dwarf the tiny little brake discs which needed changing 2 years ago, all while the driver is stooping to see under the ludicrously huge sunstrip which is almost touching the wipers in their parked position, while the sub woofer of titanic proportions slides around in the boot weakening the already shagged boot floor to a point of complete detachment!

Moral = Mod it if you want, but mod it properly, and tastefully.

Me? id rather it weighed fook all and went like a clipped cat lol

slammed saloon
04-04-06, 09:42 PM
lol @ bottlethroddy very funny. n squeek did u just say ur putting twin 45's on a 1litre?

Welsh Dan
04-04-06, 09:44 PM
brynteg la. u?

Garden Village.

burgo
04-04-06, 09:45 PM
lol @ bottlethroddy very funny. n squeek did u just say ur putting twin 45's on a 1litre?indeed he did, shows what the spotty little 17 yr old kid knows. he'll grow up soon and realise what a fool he is

Jack
04-04-06, 09:49 PM
http://gallery.audioasylum.com/users/24098/thumb/Don_tfeedthetroll.jpg

slammed saloon
04-04-06, 09:49 PM
lol burgo your so very right, squeak you stay with your lick and stick body kits untill you realise there a big fat waste of time and money n you realise theres more to modding a car than what other people see. and u shud maybe do a course at college about mechanics lol

General Baxter
04-04-06, 09:53 PM

lol i know i like a blow back flame, but that will be of a stupid size lol :tard:

BOOM lol

Ben_1981
04-04-06, 10:04 PM

That's where i went wrong, now i understand instead of building a 325BHP turbo sleeper, i should have had a japped up 1ltr with twin 45's.

Come back and talk when your ba*ls have dropped. lol

NickWalliams
04-04-06, 10:07 PM
didnt think it added much weight, if anything helps downforce!

what good is downforce when your 'lapping' through wrexham town centre at 5mph?? Also you wont be able to get over all them speed humps lol

Maybe you should get a saxo 1.1 and sign up to a cruizin website?! There are lots of max power bells in wrexham :thumb:

Welsh Dan
04-04-06, 10:10 PM
Turn the spoilers around and use the upforce to fly over the speed bumps :D

Alternatively lap from the sorting office to the fire station to dunelm mill and back to the sorting office... :tard:

mikey14sr
04-04-06, 10:22 PM
those of you who said kits are the future, i agree!!!! get with it, the bigger the better!!!
P.S WIND YOUR NECK IN MIKEY14SR!!!
And why should I wind my neck in?
You posted a complaint about people who have different tastes to yourself, I merely pointed out that those of us who don't share your taste have the right to say so, but also that they do recognise the effort that has been put into cars like that when they have been done to a high standard.

Some of us have been around nova's for 10 years, and we have most likely tried everything you can think of, but like anything in life, once you try something, it's time to try something else.

Ben_1981
04-04-06, 10:25 PM
And why should I wind my neck in?
You posted a complaint about people who have different tastes to yourself, I merely pointed out that those of us who don't share your taste have the right to say so, but also that they do recognise the effort that has bee put into cars like that when they have been done to a high standard.

Some of us have been around nova's for 10 years, and we have most likely tried everything you can think of, but like anything in life, once you try something, it's time to try something else.

KICK HIM INTO TOUCH MIKEY :thumb:

burgo
04-04-06, 10:25 PM
it makes me laugh he thinks his 1l will go quick enough for a bodykit to actually create downforce

General Baxter
04-04-06, 10:27 PM
it makes me laugh he thinks his 1l will go quick enough for a bodykit to actually create downforce

i had mine to 80mph lol

slammed saloon
04-04-06, 10:27 PM
pmsl. notice how he gone quiet now? good point mikey why shud u wind your neck in, who does this kid think he is

Donova
04-04-06, 10:49 PM
This post has stirred up some feelings peeps,FIBREGLASS IS ****E!lol lol lol

Nobby
04-04-06, 10:58 PM
lol geeza you am just diggin yourself a hole now son, you say you have a 1.0 L on twin 45s and you want to put a bodykit on to help with downforce LMFAO you aint gona see 80mph anyway so i woudnt bother, just 1 thing m8 if you are goin with the bodykit way tint the fcukin windows because i wouldnt want people to see my face when im geting slaughtered toping out losing to a fukin fiesta or metro or even a 1.1paxo pmsllol :thumb:

edwards15
04-04-06, 11:16 PM
lmfao! im still a kid :) but i know the sleeper look is alot better all the way! i gotta admit tho some people that get their cars on mag covers shows etc they might look **** 99.9% of the time but i appreiciate the time n effort they put in(some times anyway) everyone to their own opinion anyway.
as for me.......like i said sleeper look all the way! i love the way a standard gsi looks, wheels exhaust and lowerd is all a nova needs
then a lump to finish it off

Phil_G
04-04-06, 11:17 PM
Is someone a few days late with their April Fools prank?

Come on!

Someone tell me its a joke?
No?

*cries*

Donova
04-04-06, 11:19 PM
My missus can top 95 in her 998cc micralol lol

Welsh Dan
04-04-06, 11:20 PM
...And there's me reading my:
http://www.xen0phobiak.f2s.com/novaload/maxpower.jpg

to turn this:

http://www.xen0phobiak.f2s.com/novaload/prebling.jpg

into this:

http://www.xen0phobiak.f2s.com/novaload/bling.jpg

NOT! :D

edwards15
04-04-06, 11:28 PM
pmsl

JSeymour
04-04-06, 11:36 PM
id rather have that haynes nova then yours though.

bog standerd is just gash.

Welsh Dan
04-04-06, 11:37 PM
I've got plans for it ;)

Dar
04-04-06, 11:38 PM
lol I have a set of wheels that make my car look something like this. Honestly they are HUGE!
http://www.xen0phobiak.f2s.com/novaload/bling.jpg

JSeymour
04-04-06, 11:43 PM
I've got plans for it ;)

cool cool, fibreglass isnt always bad, theres plenty of good novas out there with it on. most with standard bumpers just modified(if you get me);)

Welsh Dan
04-04-06, 11:48 PM
I think a bit is fine, but if someone wants a car that doesn't look like a nova, I don't understand why they'd buy one.

General Baxter
04-04-06, 11:53 PM
id rather have that haynes nova then yours though.

well it is on ebay right now for nearly 3Klol

novamadman
05-04-06, 01:03 AM
this thread is flucking hilarious lol

where did squeak go anyways

this has to be the fastest thread ever - 1 to 8 pages in a few hours lol

Stuart
05-04-06, 08:00 AM
Now Now people, he might be new and have erm well a F&F view on cars BUT hes entitled to it, so less of the flaming prehaps.. or is this how we want to treat new members with crazy ideas?
Granted some are a little misguided but maybe some of you can help rather than take the piss lol.

Philsutton
05-04-06, 11:29 AM
pmsl, most people would rather spend their money so they can drive their cars fast not make them look like they should be doing 600mph

Give it some rev
05-04-06, 11:37 AM

yeah your right about that!!!!! theirs nothing worse than seeing a Nova covered in fibreglass and filler and it only slows you down!!!! :D

Ste L
05-04-06, 12:25 PM
yeah your right about that!!!!! theirs nothing worse than seeing a Nova covered in fibreglass and filler and it only slows you down!!!! :D

all depends where the fibreglass is...

bonnet and tailgates :thumb:

bumpers & spoilers :gay:

Mike.
05-04-06, 12:27 PM
all depends where the fibreglass is...

bonnet and tailgates :thumb:

bumpers & spoilers :gay:

i agree with you there ste.

NickWalliams
05-04-06, 12:33 PM
i agree with you there ste.

yeah fibreglass is great If your replacing Metal!!lol

Rexy
05-04-06, 05:55 PM
This dude is from wrexham... My old Baby blue nova is in wrexham... please tell me you didnt swop a nova for a corsa with andynobber.

If its my old car, I'm comming to burn it :D

squeek
05-04-06, 06:14 PM
squeeks been in college all day sorry. personally i think with lower profile tyres, that nova would look better. the green neons look smart as!

Simes
05-04-06, 06:22 PM
squeeks been in college all day sorry. personally i think with lower profile tyres, that nova would look better. the green neons look smart as!

lol this has to be a wind up sorry everyone i will officially apologise for my fellow welshman(boy)

Serious fella we all respect your opinion even if your knowledge doesnt add up ;)

squeek
05-04-06, 06:26 PM
look. i apologise for pissin people off but i cant see why im the only one into max power style motors, cars are so much better when they in ya face and loud!

Stuart
05-04-06, 06:30 PM
and thats your opinion. most grow out of it realising that making a 1.0 "look" silly and slowing it down is a waste of lots of money

squeek
05-04-06, 06:37 PM
u could a sell a kitted up 1.0 or 1.2 for way more money that just a normal lookin one mate, think about that next time u buy sone fancy coloured bit to go on a dirty engine la.

Welsh Dan
05-04-06, 06:41 PM
to a chav, possibly. I wouldn't buy one.

I'd love to do an LET conversion though.

Stuart
05-04-06, 06:42 PM
you might get ohhh ?2K for a "kitted" car, but you'll have spent atleast ?3K getting it right.. so its not such a great investment afterall is it ;)

Jack
05-04-06, 06:42 PM
I sold my kitted 1.2 for ?1000, which is more than it would have fetched in standard form (unless traders on AT are anything to go by). But then making it into what it was cost a lot more than that ?1000 - if I had left it standard, granted I would have only sold it for around ?400, but I wouldn't have spent thousands on the modifications. So in the long run I lost money.

lmfao, this thread reminds me of that alikebab or whatever his name was who came on ages ago saying his 2.0 8v would leave an Evo for dust, til it blew up lol

[and yes, that turned out to be a wind up ;)]

NickWalliams
05-04-06, 06:43 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v180/clawsk/chromedome006.jpg

hows this for a dirty engine bay???

And there a some much nicer ones on here too

NickWalliams
05-04-06, 06:43 PM
You can tell hes from wrexham because he keeps sayiing la!!!!!!!!!!!!

Init la

squeek
05-04-06, 06:44 PM
oh and after reading your comment on twin 45's, i am doing a mechanics course, so i actually know what im talking about. with twin webbers on it, im quite confident it could nail a fair few cars around here so less of the sarcasm boys!

NickWalliams
05-04-06, 06:47 PM
oh and after reading your comment on twin 45's, i am doing a mechanics course, so i actually know what im talking about. with twin webbers on it, im quite confident it could nail a fair few cars around here so less of the sarcasm boys!

1ltr with 45's?? can you even do that?! my xe was on 45mm throttle bodies

Stuart
05-04-06, 06:49 PM
the air speed wont get high enough to even use the idle jets let alone the mains lol