PDA

View Full Version : SPAX RSX - Adjusting?

carnoisseurcraig
03-04-06, 04:32 PM
Just bought a set of these but dont have instructions as to adjusting or fitting. Fitting shouldnt be a bother really. Il just follow my nose. But im puzzled as to the setting on these kits.

Also whats a decent height to have it at. I have speedlines on the car and ive had my arches rolled and trimmed.

morley
03-04-06, 04:44 PM
Before you put them on (or after doesnt really matter i dont think!)turn the adjusting screw all the way to the left or right, then when fitted if its too hard/soft adjust same amount of clicks at both back/front, dont think front and back need to be the same but would advise both back and both fronts are.

I have same kit but to be honest i cant really tell the differnece when adjustment is changed.

I have mine set at 50mm on front because of my bumper and the roads where i live are full of pot holes & speed bumps, depends on what you want, lower looks better most of the time but can be impracticable.

carnoisseurcraig
03-04-06, 04:51 PM
how can ya tell its 50mm??

This is where my confusion is. Do ya basically drop the car and get busy with the spanner??

morley
03-04-06, 04:59 PM
how can ya tell its 50mm??

This is where my confusion is. Do ya basically drop the car and get busy with the spanner??

if you set the coilovers to the top that is 50mm, put the kit on somewhere where the car can site on a level platform and then liek you say get busy with a spanner and tape measure to set both sides of car eqaul off ground. :thumb:

morley
03-04-06, 05:00 PM
i think i still have my instruction manual, if you want i can send you a copy by email. PM me your email address.

not 100% i still have it though.

morley
03-04-06, 05:15 PM
your PM messages are full m8, you need to delete some.

Will let you no tomorrow if i can find it.

carnoisseurcraig
03-04-06, 05:26 PM
just done that mate.

morley
04-04-06, 08:44 AM
have found me instructions m8, will scan and email to you later today cos i hvae to wait to use the scanner at my work.

Doesnt really say much but it should help