PDA

View Full Version : spax rsx shock rebuild

doug_sri
03-04-06, 06:02 AM
My front left spax rsx coil over is leaking on the nova, phoned spax but they were no help at all. Its the krypton gas ones which state a lifetime warrenty on the advert but when you tell them this they say this is only if an authorised dealer fits them. Anyway has anyone ever had one rebuilt by spax and how much should I expect to pay or how much would one single shock be? Kit has covered less than 2k miles and I bought it brand new from ebay last June so pretty disappointed to be honest. Gonna get uprated front springs for them soon as well I think

Stuart
03-04-06, 08:22 AM
Avo charge about ?45+vat.... so id assume its going to be similar to that

craig green
03-04-06, 01:00 PM
that is disappointing.

Good luck with that, you might need to approach the seller & try for warranty. Hope you got the receipt!

doug_sri
03-04-06, 03:35 PM
that is disappointing.

Good luck with that, you might need to approach the seller & try for warranty. Hope you got the receipt!

nah never got a receipt with it and havnt been able to contact the person. They were 100% genuine and brand new and he had a few sets for sale. Gonna write a letter to Spax about the way they spoke to me and also highlight the fact their website says "lifetime warrenty" and "piece of mind" but absolutly nothing about the fact a Spax authorised dealer has to fit the kit in order to get the life time warrenty. If this fails I will try a local Spax dealer and see what they can do.