PDA

View Full Version : Galleries

Simes
02-04-06, 02:44 PM
I know this is going to offend people but its been ages since the new look novaload has been running and we still dont have the features section any more :mad: please guys pull ur fingers out and get it back up! ;)

General Baxter
02-04-06, 02:58 PM
im sure a few people have died since the 'galleries' went down, it must be the shock of not having anything to do lol

Mike.
02-04-06, 03:08 PM
why if you want pictures of novas go on google :roll:

Jack
02-04-06, 03:12 PM
Nova Owners has some pics on it... :p

Give it some rev
02-04-06, 03:51 PM
:mad: please guys pull ur fingers out and get it back up! ;)

how many times has this been said, the features will be back when their back!

its comments like that which p1ss the administraters (sp) off

sh0rty
02-04-06, 04:11 PM
my man has a life too, and will do it in due course :)

db_1.2
02-04-06, 05:24 PM
dont mean to diss or offend but dont you think something should be done if so many people keep asking instead of just having a go at them for asking, if the site needs donations it needs people to view it and at the moment all they have to view is forums, now i dont have a problem but when i look at posts like these all you lot do is have a go at the person asking for the galleries, surely this means a lot of people use the site to view other cars, and if you get more people looking at the site because of its gallery surely you would get a better rating meaning possibly more donations. this had to be said as it irritates me that mods just take the p*ss if anything is said or mentioned about the gallery, like one of my post's was closed when i purely asked if anyone knew when they were back up. isnt the customer always correct?

p.s. PLEASE DONT BAN ME:D thank you

Give it some rev
02-04-06, 06:55 PM
dont mean to diss or offend but dont you think something should be done if so many people keep asking instead of just having a go at them for asking, if the site needs donations it needs people to view it and at the moment all they have to view is forums, now i dont have a problem but when i look at posts like these all you lot do is have a go at the person asking for the galleries, surely this means a lot of people use the site to view other cars, and if you get more people looking at the site because of its gallery surely you would get a better rating meaning possibly more donations. this had to be said as it irritates me that mods just take the p*ss if anything is said or mentioned about the gallery, like one of my post's was closed when i purely asked if anyone knew when they were back up. isnt the customer always correct?

p.s. PLEASE DONT BAN ME:D thank you

you just bear in mind that admin dont get paid for working on the web site

NickWalliams
02-04-06, 07:40 PM
give it some rev give it a rest, there are lots of people that like looking through the galleries, its a main attraction of the site!

they dont get paid then why do they do it??? maybe because they enjoy it as its a hobby

Give it some rev
02-04-06, 07:52 PM
ooooooooooooo

db_1.2
02-04-06, 11:30 PM
cheers nick! exactly what i was gonna say

Phil_G
03-04-06, 01:46 AM
All you people bitching and whining should try commtting yourself to the amount of time and effort that goes into running a site like this. I know for a fact kev (Site owner) is a very busy man as I see him/have spoke to him about his work at several points in the past.

He does his best by you all, and if you, as I have said in the past, if you wish to dig deep and find a financial incentive for kev to drop everything and carry the work out at your request then make him an offer.

Either way, I cannot beleive that people place such a value in looking at a collection of cars that changes very little, and respectfully suggest you moaning *******s get a life!

Stuart
03-04-06, 08:00 AM
I can appreciate rants from paid up memebers about the alck of features etc. BUT on the other side of the coin, im quite enjoying not having to verify features all the time (some people allegedly updating theirs daily) as that took hell of a lot of my time up (and im not cheap if i were to charge :p ). Also ive noticed its caused more "this is my car" threads with piccies and specs etc.. to me thats a better thing than the features as some folk wont want to trawl through page after page of naff cars with stick on mods to get to the odd nice one that people tend to post. Plus you get sensible feedback on the forum rather than abuse and "yeah that looks good mate" that used to go on in the features.
So jsut think of it that way. ok the features are MIA for now, but its increased the ammount of pretty pictures on the forums..
also converting it all over is taking ages as it is without kev being a busy man anyway.
patience is a virtue.

wisewood
03-04-06, 08:19 AM
Well said Stu, and Phil.

my man has a life too, and will do it in due course :)

...and if the future Mrs. Novaload herself is saying that her fella is busy, you should all take note, and leave him to it.

Kev created Novaload, kev created the features, and kev will create the new features section that will be a wonderful repository for all of your "feature cars".

Grumbling about them not being here will not magically free up HOURS of kev's life for him to spend, unpaid, writing the code required to run the feature cars section along side the new forum system... so hows about, just for once, you all just shut up, and wait.

If you've signed up to the site and want so see the features, you'll have to wait... more.

Oh, and by the way... let the admin worry about subscriptions and donations... and all other aspects of site promotion/management for that matter.

Thus endeth rant.

Nova_Houch7
03-04-06, 11:13 AM
Nova Owners has some pics on it... :p
Wat is the nova owners site by the way?
Thanks, L

craig green
03-04-06, 12:12 PM
I think the comments are onboard but the abusive replies arent necessary.

personally i dont think featured cars of users that havent logged on for say, 6 months shouldnt be uploaded. That'd save space!

CG

NickWalliams
03-04-06, 12:28 PM
I think the comments are onboard but the abusive replies arent necessary.

personally i dont think featured cars of users that havent logged on for say, 6 months shouldnt be uploaded. That'd save space!

CG

Agree there is no need for some of the abusiveness. As a paid up member I expect to be able to have my car in the features section thats why I paid my ?5!

Can we hear less of this "certain people are busy" lark if someone doesnt want to help run a website then dont. Im sure Kev will tell you that he enjoys running the website and doesnt want paying for it!

craig green
03-04-06, 12:47 PM
Having read a few posts about the subject & even naively starting a thread asking about galleries a couple months back, theres no need for the abuse. There are enuff hoons on here already without admin/mods lowering the tone too.

From a new users point of view, if they are greeted with abuse & just poor behaviour from the people at the top it dosent bode well for attracting or keeping members. I could be about to join as I'm using the site more now, but I'd only do so if I'm paying into a 1/2 professional setup.

Being told to 'shut up' or whatever just isnt how I expect to be replied to when merely asking where some pictures are.

My views: no offence.

Stuart
03-04-06, 12:57 PM
Ok some of those replies were a little course, but also there was stickies made about the features/galleries not being there and the reasons etc behind that.. so there was no need to make a post at all.
As with everything in life, this kinda stuff takes TIME and thats one thing most people dont have much spare at the moment. Kev is the web nerd that set the original site up with tis features and hes pretty much the only one who can fudge it into the new format, and as sam etc has said hes a busy man, But i guess hes not allowed to be busy unless its on NL huh?
Cant people be a little more patient, or is that asking far too much?

craig green
03-04-06, 01:07 PM
Ok some of those replies were a little course, but also there was stickies made about the features/galleries not being there and the reasons etc behind that.. so there was no need to make a post at all.
As with everything in life, this kinda stuff takes TIME and thats one thing most people dont have much spare at the moment. Kev is the web nerd that set the original site up with tis features and hes pretty much the only one who can fudge it into the new format, and as sam etc has said hes a busy man, But i guess hes not allowed to be busy unless its on NL huh?
Cant people be a little more patient, or is that asking far too much?

I think its perfectly acceptable to wait. I dont have a problem waiting.

I fully understand that the site is run by enthusiasts & not paid professionals. its worth bearing in mind that users that arent on the net all day etc, stickies dont always seem an obvious place to watch or be familiar with.

Phil_G
03-04-06, 01:23 PM
The abrasive tone is borne out of the fact that this topic has been covered, and stickied as stuart pointed out. Kev will no doubt get around to it as soon as he has free time, but having his own house to run, work to do etc.

I too have a house to run, work to do and other liabilites, and I know how little free time I have, so look at your own full time jobs, subtract all the other interests you have from the spare time and then find how much time you have left to run a busy and well coded site like this.I will wager my motorbike, its not a lot of time.

If any of you IT experts were to offer to help, then I think kev would at least appreciate the offer and maybe even take it further.

Simes
03-04-06, 01:38 PM
i didnt mean to offend anyone, and yes the new site is good but some of you old sjool boys need to lighten up a little, granted it does take a lot of work and i dont think anyone is whining at peoples personal commitments, however this is a nova website and the best part of the old style NL was indeed the features section as you could admire everyone elses work, take specs and ideas for your own cars etc and actually take pride in seeing your own car featured on the site and peoples constructive criticisms etc.
ive been a member since 2003 i think and i do get the impression from certain people that anyone who disagrees with you oldies ( no offence ) lol gets branded an idiot and hurled abuse at.

Again sorry if i have offended but i feel i needed to mention it

NickWalliams
03-04-06, 01:42 PM
i didnt mean to offend anyone, and yes the new site is good but some of you old sjool boys need to lighten up a little, granted it does take a lot of work and i dont think anyone is whining at peoples personal commitments, however this is a nova website and the best part of the old style NL was indeed the features section as you could admire everyone elses work, take specs and ideas for your own cars etc and actually take pride in seeing your own car featured on the site and peoples constructive criticisms etc.
ive been a member since 2003 i think and i do get the impression from certain people that anyone who disagrees with you oldies ( no offence ) lol gets branded an idiot and hurled abuse at.

Again sorry if i have offended but i feel i needed to mention it

Couldnt agree more, some people do need to lighten up and stop whining! It doesnt make you look important you know :roll:

wisewood
03-04-06, 02:02 PM
Saving space isnt really the issue. The issue is that the whole structure of the Features section is being overhauled, at least behind the scenes to incorporate it into the way the new site works.

Can we hear less of this "certain people are busy" lark if someone doesnt want to help run a website then dont

The only person who anyone has mentioned being too busy is Kev. Kev is the owner of novaload... how can he stop being involved when he gets busy? lol.
All the admin/mods help out with the running of the site because we enjoy doing so.

I dont understand why this is turning into a "pick on the admin" thread. We do a damn good job, and generally speaking spend ALOT of time tidying up the mess left by the masses :thumb: its a thank-less task, and all we ask in return is that you abide by the rules... well, that, and stop complaining that the features arent back online yet.

craig green
03-04-06, 03:07 PM
Once again a kind of 'raised voice' reply.

Far from picking on admin, its more of a case of admin swearing at the users for asking a question that may have been answered before.

Ive had my say & shant be replying to this thread again.....

Give it some rev
03-04-06, 04:18 PM
We do a damn good job, and generally speaking spend ALOT of time tidying up the mess left by the masses :thumb: its a thank-less task, and all we ask in return is that you abide by the rules... well, that, and stop complaining that the features arent back online yet.

ya f**king right you do, do a damn good job!!!!

Jack
03-04-06, 06:00 PM
Also ive noticed its caused more "this is my car" threads with piccies and specs etc.. to me thats a better thing than the features as some folk wont want to trawl through page after page of naff cars with stick on mods to get to the odd nice one that people tend to post. Plus you get sensible feedback on the forum rather than abuse and "yeah that looks good mate" that used to go on in the features.
I think WIP threads have the advantage over features in that you see development over time, its much easier to see how work has progressed; which IMO is more interesting that a set feature. Only disadvantage is they don't have the set layout that the old features used to have. What about having a member car forum similar to JOV? Even if its just temporary til the features are up?

If any of you IT experts were to offer to help, then I think kev would at least appreciate the offer and maybe even take it further.
I would, my HTML is ok but alas anything more than that I'm a bit... well, sh*t really lol

Wat is the nova owners site by the way?
Thanks, L
There's a link in my sig.

sh0rty
03-04-06, 09:37 PM
tbh lol lmfao lol at whole thread. i aint even going to comment on what hasn't already been touched upon! we respect all the users, and everyone who has subscribed too. If you have your own website or even attempted html coding programming etc( i have!), this isnt a quick 5 minute job! I will try to give him more free time to get back to the features ;)

limpstar
05-04-06, 11:26 PM
Amen to that lol :D