PDA

View Full Version : nova gte just cuttin out :@

lee_edwards
01-04-06, 09:57 PM
:( hi basically my nova keep just cutting out, sumtime it will star straigh away again but others itll wind ova n ova a few attemps l8a it will start.

would i be right in checkin the coil pack???

i have checkd the terminals and pushd lead on tidyer, anything else i could do??

thakns lee

craig green
01-04-06, 10:12 PM
Wot Nova?

Wot engine??

Jeeeez!

lee_edwards
01-04-06, 10:32 PM
sorry lol

Nova GTE C16SE IIRC.

1.6 8V

lee

i have been told that the coil amp are common to go :S

craig green
01-04-06, 10:37 PM
if its GTE thats E16SE.

Yeah had trouble with mine, thought was ign amplifier. Turned out to be wrong plug leads. Didnt fit cap properly (black cap btw) hard to find leads to fit exactly.

Make sure the cap & rotor are good & that plugs are gapped right. Mine was showing 21,000 volts on high tension side of ign. Gaps all way too big.

When it was sorted was down to 13,000 volts. better.

lee_edwards
01-04-06, 10:42 PM
all seem to fit ok, it has been running fine untill today, i have been on road about a month now n this startd today.

did have a look @ rotar it seems ok, leads fit good.

been told on mig i should reset air flow meter? < true? false?

thakns lee

lee_edwards
02-04-06, 09:09 PM
any1??

must be honest drove me car today, and it hasnt done anything at all, doesnt quite seem perfect but might just be me, although it has conked out @ all :S

i doubt something like this wouls just clear itself would it??

thanks lee.

ps: my brother put supreme petrol in his clio 1.8 16v and it was missing like hell, and i have had 2 full tank of that through now and this was my third could that be anything to do with it??? im gunna go back to unleaded tho anyway.

Welsh Dan
02-04-06, 09:38 PM
supreme petrol? do you mean super unleaded? If you're sticking in 4 star that could be a problem. :p

lee_edwards
02-04-06, 09:56 PM
ye super unleaded i gues, was running on unleaded then though try super unleaded and on third tank this when im having prblems, but guna go back to unleaded now neway.

lee

u have any suggestions

Welsh Dan
02-04-06, 10:22 PM
which brand?

super unleaded is a slightly higher octane fuel, which explodes better, the problem being that the fuel degrades over time anyway, supermarket fuels are the worst for this. Try esso or shell. Failing that any other brand. Thats if its the fuel.

maccas
02-04-06, 10:32 PM
when you put super unleaded in did u turn the octane plug around?i mite b wrong bu i no that the sri's n most other injection models have a plug on the bulkhead that can be put in two ways, one way it is et up for 95 ron fuel and the other way it is set up for 98 ron fuel which is nearly what super unleaded is, im not sure though?

maccas
02-04-06, 10:34 PM
but then again i don't think that would stop it from running though! can u hear the fuel pump runnin evrytime you turn the ignition on?

Adam
02-04-06, 10:43 PM
Dont think a GTE has a ron plug.
I think its SRI/late Gsi and Spi engine have Ron sensors.

Mine only has 91 and 95 on as well, no 98.

craig green
03-04-06, 12:21 PM
GTE has ROn plug. Could be fuel...

As for RON being a better burn, thats untrue. Sometimes higher RON fuel just burns slower helping combat detonation.

higher the RON isnt always better.

lee_edwards
03-04-06, 02:56 PM
fuel pump is working fine.

im goin to replace coil pack and amplifyer thans ?80
also gunna change back the fuel.

thanks lee

lee_edwards
03-04-06, 02:57 PM
also

lee_edwards
03-04-06, 02:58 PM
also the EARTH thjing had cracked

lee_edwards
also the EARTH thjing

lee_edwards
also the EARTH thjing had cracked that goes on to the battery, so im gunna replace both terminals.

lee

craig green
Check the ends of the plug leads. Is there any brown, or black deposits on the cap end?
Are the plugs gapped properly? 0.7 or 0.8mm.

lee_edwards
10-04-06, 09:53 AM
hi, i replaced the negative earth, car has been fine all week, then on saterday again, it started doing the same.

could this be the coil amplifyer then??

also i must state since i had the cambelt done it has idled a little lower, and this has only happend since then, but i aint to sure if it could be something to do with new cambelt or waterpump.

thanks lee

Stuart
10-04-06, 10:04 AM
is there an english version of this thread available?

mikey14sr
10-04-06, 11:24 AM
Have you replaced the earth lead from the gearbox to the chassis? Or the one from the alternator to the block? As you say you've only had problems since doing the cambelt, I would say that the disturbance to the alternator earth lead might have broken some of the wire strands in it, causing a bad earth for the alternator and thus the engine electrics.

lee_edwards
10-04-06, 12:31 PM
you was thinking about the strap earth from gear box but TBh i can not see one lol.

all electric stay on just the engine cut outs. i have ordered a new amplifier anyway, but i will still check all main earths.

could someone please list all earths to be checked?

thanks lee

lee_edwards
10-04-06, 12:41 PM
also, i wulndt think its the earth, because when it cuts out it take ages to star. and i isnt as if it cuts out when i it a bump or what ever.

lee

Stuart
10-04-06, 12:52 PM
for the love of god please try to alteast complete the words and maybe spell some of the correctly.

mikey14sr
10-04-06, 12:56 PM
could someone please list all earths to be checked?

There are only three earths to check, battery to body, alternator to engine and gearbox to body.

Also, if one of the earth cables is breaking down, it would most likely cause an intermittent fault before conking out completely.

craig green
10-04-06, 01:08 PM
Make a new earth lead from alternator to battery -ve terminal.

lee_edwards
10-04-06, 01:36 PM
all earths are fine, neway my new ashley has arrived so gunna put that on now lol

lee

craig green
10-04-06, 01:40 PM
all earths are fine, neway my new ashley has arrived so gunna put that on now lol

lee

what use is that if it keeps cutting out? :confused:

lee_edwards
10-04-06, 04:38 PM
just tried it, and they have sent me the wrong back box by the looks :@.

i have no ****ing luck!!!

lee

lee_edwards
11-04-06, 08:37 PM
ne1 else have any suggestions on cutting out?? done it again tonight.

thanks lee