PDA

View Full Version : exhaust/manifold problem

probert_nova
01-04-06, 03:22 PM
iv'e bought an exhaust system but it came off a 1.2i so it won't fit straight on to the end of the manifold on my 1.3sr due to it being a three bolt triangle fixing instead of the two bolts on the sr.

so instead of butchering somthing toghether, i need to make sure that if i was to get a 1.2i manifold that it would fit on the 1.3 head no problem?

graham kirkbride
01-04-06, 03:26 PM
HI mate i did this a few year ago with my sr i believe its the same bolt pattern on the manifold/bore size etc mate

Adam
01-04-06, 03:46 PM
Yep 1.2i manifold and downpipe will fit, you will loose power tho, and will need to block off the lambda hole.
Is the 1.2i system catback?

probert_nova
01-04-06, 08:22 PM
basicaly need a pipe to go from the back of the cat (if there was one) to the manifold and this pipe needs the triangle fixing. i got a decat pipe with it which means for now instead of messing around chopping pipe up that it would be better to fit a manifold with the right one.
are there any other manifolds that would work better than the 1.2i?

Adam
02-04-06, 12:08 AM
Theres no better manifold that will fit the 1.2i system.
As SRi/Gsi/Gte have a 4-2-1, so the joins are in different places.

1.2i has a small manifold, which joins the downpipe up by the block, the single downpipe then comes under the car and joins to the front section of the cat with a triangle shape join, the cat then joins to the middle silencer with another bolted joint iirc.
Its a very restrictive manifold/downpipe.

You try mixing and matching the exhausts, welding a 1.3 front section onto the 1.2i system. But tbh, seems like a lot of work for nothing.
You could fit the backbox off the 1.2i system onto the std 1.3Sr exhaust, wastes the rest of the 1.2i system yeah, but you keep the Sr manifold etc then.