PDA

View Full Version : Buzzzzzzzzz!

bump
01-04-06, 12:35 PM
Afternoon all,

I've got a small problem, my spin didn't come with a headlamp buzzer. I picked a working one out of a mates cav that he was breaking. On the fusebox there is the space for it to go in, with the correct cables to match the pins on the buzzer, but when it is plugged in it's as dead as a dodo. Any ideas as to what i have missed? Must be something simple.

Cheers

Bump

Adam
01-04-06, 01:35 PM
You need a 2pin door switch, one pin for the light, the other for the buzzer.

As the buzzer wont be connected to the door pin switch if its a std nova one as it only works the interior light.

bump
01-04-06, 01:53 PM
That explains things, would it be possible to hook it up to a single pin switch? as all the switch appears to be doing is providing the ground?

Cheers

Bump

Adam
01-04-06, 01:57 PM
Not sure mate, in theory yes you could do that.
But if you could, why would GM bother fitting 2pin switches to cars that have a buzzer.

bump
01-04-06, 02:02 PM
It is easier for them i guess, in case of electrical trouble. I guess i'll take a look up at the scrappys when i get a chance. But first i wonder if there is a 2 pin fitted but not connected??? I've found things like that before with the wiring.

Cheers

Bump

Adam
01-04-06, 02:16 PM
I have a Spin, and it has a one pin switch.

Go a scrappy and nick one off a Corsa/mk3 astra/cav etc.

Or just try your method, its only a switched earth, so it should work.

bump
01-04-06, 02:28 PM
Interestingly it is a one pin switch but does have two cables in the connector. didn't want to play though still. i'll keep working on it between fixing a computer. Otherwise to the scrappy on my day off!

Cheers

Bump

bump
01-04-06, 06:40 PM
Just figured out the two pin switch.

The feed for the light goes to the drivers side, then is passed on to the passenger side. by using a two pin switch on the drivers side it ensures that the buzzer only goes off when the driver gets out.

Cheers

Bump