PDA

View Full Version : Alarm

BigStan
31-03-06, 04:00 PM
Thinkin about gettin an alarm, wots the best 1 i can get that will be fitted properly ! which ones have yous lots gots ?
My mate had a problem with a clifford, the black box that they melt together with the live cable in kept gettin hot and melted the plastic so that the connections didnt touch and he had to cut it out, apparently it happens alot ? Cheers

graham kirkbride
31-03-06, 04:12 PM
Hi mate!!!! I have a toad alarm on my nova THE MODEL IS C5t2 top of the range ,2 circuit immob ,motion sensers, shock senser, etc etc even opens my boot and doors from the key fob. ?300 fitted well worth the money.Never had a problem with it in 3 yrs and they are thatcham approved so they lower your insurance abit

Adam
31-03-06, 04:15 PM
I'd get a Toad. You can get one for about ?250 fitted iirc.

If that clifford was installed by a official dealer, then you should have contacted them.
I've not had any problems with my clifford tho.

letmelive
31-03-06, 04:24 PM
i have a toad one that came with the car, has the green and black buttons on it lol thats all i know, it's good though shock and motion sensors and if you leave the car unlocked it locks it for you after so much time.

Jack
31-03-06, 05:07 PM
they are thatcham approved so they lower your insurance abit
Only applies if they are installed by professional Thatcham/VISB approved installers, most of which wouldn't touch one they didn't supply (well for Thatcham approval anyway).

I had a Microscan. Was ok, drained the battery once though (and only once, never again :confused:). Installed myself, only took a couple of hours. Took a while to decypher the wiring diagram though lol

Adam
31-03-06, 05:23 PM
I had a microscan in my old car, decent alarm imo for the price.
Never went wrong once.