PDA

View Full Version : Rear Headrests

ignition16
03-03-02, 07:43 PM
Hi guys, was wonderin if ya could help me. have any of you performed a rear headrest coversion. if so what did you use to put down into the seats to support the headrests. dont want to cut the fabric before i know what im doin

korky
03-03-02, 08:29 PM
its easy. Go to vauxhall and get 4 headrest guides (part number - 90257714). You're rear seat MUST be a 40/60 split, if not it wont work. feel along the top of the seat until you feel 4 holes. Mark them with a pen or someit. Cut an X in the fabric and push the guides into the holes. The guides will widen the hole as they go in which will make it the rite size. Make sure you're guides are facing the rite way round. They guides should go in easy enough, just a matter of pushing them as far down as you can or want. Then put yer head rests in and harpy dayz! :)

ignition16
03-03-02, 08:34 PM
How much do the guides cost from Vauxhall then. they are gonna go into a gsi interior so do they come in black?

korky
05-03-02, 02:15 AM
cost bout ?2 each at the most. Ask bout colours, not 100% sure but if not try lookin for corsa or vectra guides, they are universal fit in all vauxhall interiors

miles
05-03-02, 09:48 AM
I bought the guides and they came in grey.
I have the black GSi interior so wish i'd thought about it first!!!!!! DOH

Matt Finary
05-03-02, 12:06 PM
some mark 3 astra have black one because some found there way in to my toolbox while i was at the scrappy. they look better then the grey on black leather.

ignition16
05-03-02, 01:34 PM
so i went to my vauxhall dealer today walked into the parts dep and asked how much for a set of 4 headrest guides and he said a tenner each. so that would be ?40 for a set of four black headrest guides. are they just takin the pi$$ or what!

marruss
05-03-02, 10:37 PM
scrappy it........

avon_nova
05-03-02, 11:43 PM
Hello every1. I'm the previous owner of the white GTE that had those 1 piece windows that u all love... :D

Just wondering has any1 else done this conversion yet??? :O

novaspeed
06-03-02, 04:29 PM
rite mate

how did ya do it then?

Nova say never

blondie
06-03-02, 04:51 PM
its a 3 door metro window aint it?

Rich Dale
07-03-02, 01:35 AM
That Vaux dealer is taking the piss big time mate......I bought a set last week from my local Vaux dealer at the price of ?8.30 (including VAT) for the set of four.

Price depends on the exact model chosen......there are different designs...ones with the release catch, and ones without, but prices should still be no more than ?2 each at the VERY MOST.

ignition....are you sure the dealer didn't say it's a tenner for the set of four?
I know some might try and rip you off, but that's ridiculous!
I'd go to trading standards and complain about them if it was me!

sketch1.2i
07-03-02, 09:44 AM
i wanna put rear headrest's in but that mean's i'll have to fit the SR rear seat and i aint got the brackets on the floor to fit 'em can i just make some up and use selftappers... i don't want the fuckin thing flyin off underbraking....

ignition16
07-03-02, 10:40 PM
Strech1.2i: i didnt have the brackets ether fo 60/40 seats but i found one in a scarp yard with 60/40 seats in and just chizled the brackets out of the nova then cleaned them up an welded them in to my nova. just be careful when takin them out an weldin them in coz of the petrol tank.

Rich.dale : yeah im sure it was ?40 for the set coz i ad to ask twice. f**kin gobsmaked. lol

so what do i have to ask for to get them at that price? i want em in balck any help.

tried gettin em out of scrapyard an they end up snapin on me!