PDA

View Full Version : Pictures

novapearl
30-03-06, 09:48 AM
And lo. there were pictures of the nova - hopefully!

Apologies for the quality, the light was fading and the old camera phone ain't brilliant! More to follow when i get it sorted out.

Nova Pearl Saloon with alloy wheels - now you can see it do you believe it?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/novapearl/Image035.jpg

novapearl
30-03-06, 10:08 AM
Here we have another picture.

Ignoring the fillered wheelarch, what do you lot reckon?

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j66/novapearl/Image036.jpg

jbowman
30-03-06, 10:23 AM
Not looking too bad, not ben a fan of 5 door Novas but the saloons dont look too bad seaming as there arent many arround - what alloys are you planning to put on, I presume you will be lowering as well?

http://www.opelclubfinland.fi/tapahtumat/010701/OCF_Corsa_A.jpg

I've kept my eyes out for the odd 3 door saloon & planned something nice.

novapearl
30-03-06, 10:25 AM
Sorry mate - the model name is Pearl.

The alloys are staying as they are for now - I'm skint. The original mettalic grey paint has been cut back and polished after the pics. were taken and now looks quite presentable.

Lowering - maybe.... not sure yet.

jbowman
30-03-06, 12:07 PM
:tard: Duurrh lol I can be an idiot sometimes, but then I've not come across a Pearl edition nova, or did they only have that name for a few saloons?

novapearl
30-03-06, 01:17 PM
In answer to your question:

Special edition made for 1 year only. Only in 1300cc form and as a four door saloon. Only in metallic grey i believe. Or maybe someone knows different?

Got tweaky bits like alloy wheels, central locking, sunroof and 5 speed box as standard.

Adam

novapearl
30-03-06, 01:48 PM
Oh yeah - the brakes and exhaust i mentioned a bit back are now fixed.

Genuine vauxhall centre and rear came my way cheap and fixed the brakes by buying a complete nearside hub assembly with disc and calliper for a tenner off some nova racing lads in the village.

They said - its a tenner if you take it off mate - fair enough big hammer, chisel, pry bar and cutters later i bunged 'em a tenner and legged it.

Took the calliper piston out, polished it, made sure it was perfect and fitted it into the calliper body i already had with all new seals. Lovely job.

Nothing like running a car on a budget!

Now time for an MOT.

Adam

Give it some rev
30-03-06, 01:53 PM
nive project car, get it lowered 40mm with some 15" alloys and jobs a good en :p

craig green
30-03-06, 05:10 PM
GSi fr bumper & 2 rear bumpers (one under the other) to create the deep back end. Spray it white, GTE grille & leave the top edges of the bumpers grey & make a mini Cav GSi replica.

shy witness
30-03-06, 10:23 PM
i'd a crackin lookin 4 door saloon.but got it stole..............and i dont even have any photos

i'd mine lowered 60mm on 15 inch tsw alpines.it looked sweet.......

quad conversions light kit..........clear repeaters....clear taillights......???????front splitter on a 92 spec front bumper..92 spec rear aswell......all painted peugeot miami blue.............and silver windows(it woz 5 years ago lol)

all in a 1 litre .....oh dear

Jack
30-03-06, 10:31 PM
I had a mint H reg Mexico Red 2dr saloon which I'd fitted with a few subtle mods... GSi dash, Euro lights, black door cards, clear indicators, SR grille... sold that last year and really wish I hadn't :(

novapearl
20-04-06, 10:24 PM
Quick update. The paint work was done over easter (nice sunny day), just needs T cut and laquer. The CD changer was fitted properly and its wiring sorted.

Next week - the MOT cometh..... After all the work, Iam hoping for a first time ticket. The old one ran out over a year ago, so its been idle for a while.

Shall let you know.

Adam

jbowman
20-04-06, 10:28 PM
Good luck with the new MoT!! Right little bugger of a test trying to cut down on older cars.