PDA

View Full Version : funny fuel guage

Cheeze
29-03-06, 10:40 PM
Ok i just bought a GSi nova last night, i noticed that the fuel guage is all over the place, sometimes is right down the at the empty side and the light is on, other times its away up to the full, could this be a sender problem at all?

Also the oil pressure needle sits at 3 o'clock all the time, with the engine off or running. Any ideas again what it could be

Nova_Tek
29-03-06, 10:56 PM
Dodgey Fuel guage mate is usually a sender issue. Apart from the trouble I had with my guage itself (now fixed) my sender is faulty and wont show fuel when tank is half full. Will only show when 1/4 full or Full.

You can check the sender connections at the tank clean em up see if that helps.

As for the oil pressure guage either theres a oil sender fault or its missing (would have thought the GSi's had a pressure sender fitted) or possible faulty connction on the back. My 1.2 did the same when I first put GTE cocks in coz there was no oil pressure sender signal to the actual guage.

Hope this helps

Adam
30-03-06, 12:04 AM
The GSi engine should have the 2pin sender that works the oil guage as they came with 6dial clocks.

Check the connections on it, its down the back of the block, at the back of the oil pump.
Also check the connection at the clock end, blue/green is oil light, blue/yellow is the sender signal iirc.