PDA

View Full Version : No rev on rev counter dash

Give it some rev
29-03-06, 09:38 PM
just plugged my rev counter clocks into my 1.2 and the rev counter doesnt work at all!, am i doing something wrong because the only wireing (sp) is that black plug i pulled out of the standard clocks??? im stumped so if anyone can point me in the right direction then please do!!!

thanx :thumb:

Geth
29-03-06, 09:55 PM
You will need to run a wire from the spare connector on the ignition coil through the bulk head and connect it to the dials, I can't remember exactly where it connects to the clocks but should say in the haynes manual.

Ste L
29-03-06, 10:14 PM
should have a wire behind the dash, taped up, one's for oil pressure, one's for rev counter, plug the green one in, and it should work fine ;)

Nova_Tek
29-03-06, 10:30 PM
If its anything like mine was then you will need to run a wire from the black wire on the coil to the spade connector to the back of your clock. The spade connector shuld be directly behind where the rev counter is placed.

same goes for the oil pressure. You need a oil pressure sender to replace your oil pressure switch on the bottom back of the block drivers side (if you take off the drivers side wheel you will see it). Then connect a wire from the spare terminal to the back of the oil pressure guage.

I had to do the same in order to get my 1.2 carb to have revs and oil pressure

Very simple.

Ste L
29-03-06, 10:45 PM
every nova i've had has had both of them wire's behind the dash, two 1.0's a 1.2, 1.3, and a 1.4

Nova_Tek
29-03-06, 10:49 PM
My one hasn't lol

Could it be the year? Mines an '85

Ste L
29-03-06, 10:51 PM
it will be taped up... have a look, more than likely be there...

Nova_Tek
29-03-06, 10:59 PM
I had a look back when i bought the guages, looked well behid the dash, around the fuse box with clocks off couldnt find anything.

Apart from the wire I added to the coil there were no other wires there same goes for the oil pressure only a single wire in the engine bay

But I mite go check again just out of curiosity.

Nova_Tek
29-03-06, 11:01 PM
Edit: What year's were the Nova's you had?

Ste L
29-03-06, 11:05 PM
83, 88,89,90,92,93 lol

Nova_Tek
29-03-06, 11:05 PM
Ahhhhhhhhhhh but not '85 lol

Geth
29-03-06, 11:34 PM
My MK1 90 didn't have either of the wires

Adam
30-03-06, 12:09 AM
Look at the coil connections.
If the bottom right is blank then the wire is not fitted.
If you have a green wire connected to the bottom right, then the wire is in the loom.
My '92 nova already had the wire in the clock plug, it wasn't taped up.

Nova_Tek
30-03-06, 01:05 AM
Apart from the wire I added to the coil there were no other wires there same goes for the oil pressure only a single wire in the engine bay

^^ Yeh It was blank before I connected it up back when I got the clocks. IM sure I would have found it by now

Give it some rev
30-03-06, 08:32 AM
thanx everyone for your help. just going out now to see if theirs any wires or the lack of any wires for the rev'O'meter. iv allready fitted the oil pressure switch, just needs connecting up. anyway thanks again lads :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Give it some rev
30-03-06, 09:09 AM
just been out and guess what?????........ no other wires taped up, bloody typical!!! btw mines a '88 1.2 Merit

Adam
30-03-06, 03:38 PM
Just run a wire from the back of the clocks to the coil, and it'll be fine :)

The oil pressure wire should be taped up next to the pressure sender if your still looking for that wire too.

Nova_Tek
30-03-06, 07:02 PM
just been out and guess what?????........ no other wires taped up, bloody typical!!! btw mines a '88 1.2 Merit

You gonna have to do what I did mate to get em working.

Looks like not all Nova's came with em already in the loom and taped up. Unlike S t e, one lucky geeza :D

Ste L
30-03-06, 07:19 PM
haha, i must be lucky then, all nova's i've come across have got them there

Give it some rev
02-04-06, 03:36 PM
Just run a wire from the back of the clocks to the coil, and it'll be fine :)

The oil pressure wire should be taped up next to the pressure sender if your still looking for that wire too.

iv fitted a wire to the right hand side of the coil and wired it up to the rev counter and still no rev!!!! iv tried 2 diff rev counter clocks and it works backwards????? totally stumped well intruley now. someone help. please. pretty please. :thumb:

Adam
02-04-06, 06:11 PM
Bottom right hand side?

Give it some rev
02-04-06, 06:32 PM
yeah the bottom right hand side (rev side) because the other side is the oil pressure one.

Adam
02-04-06, 06:37 PM
Eh??
I mean the coil

Lol

On the back of the clocks there isn't a terminal connection like there is for the oil pressure, the rev wire is wired into the clock plug itself.