PDA

View Full Version : Realy Need Help!oil Problem

edwards15
29-03-06, 06:30 PM
hia! went outside to the car before to put the induction kit on and i started it up fist just to let her run for a little while and i opend the bonnet and noticed that ther was smoke coming from the pipe that the dipstick goes in, i pulled it out and it was chuckin out abit of smoke out of there!
i started puttin the kit on and when i got the standard airbox off i noticed that there was oil about there! the big black pipe that goes to the top of the engine had alot of oil in it and was drippin out a fair bit!
sorry im still learin whats what so try ya best to help me on this one please:thumb:

Geth
29-03-06, 07:06 PM
I don't think this is really as bad as it sounds. Engines create a small amount of gasses (smoke) in the crank case due to the heat in there and the crank mixing the oil up. The gasses are usually then fed back into the engine to be burned and passed through the exhaust. What tends to happen though is the gasses build up as a residue and block the pipe to the filter. I would assume that's why the gasses were being forced out of the dipstick pipe instead.

Give everything a could clean and especially wash out the pipe that goes from the crank case to the filter.

should be that simple!

Adam
29-03-06, 07:14 PM
Ye, as above, perhaps the breather pipes had become blocked, so instead of the crankcase breather breathing back into the inlet, it was breathing out another pipe/hole, in this case the dipstick tube.

edwards15
29-03-06, 07:23 PM
thats good then thanks lads! the engine in its gunna be changed anyway but i wouldnt mind gettin that sorted so i can move it about then sell this engine when i put the other gsi one in.
thanks again!