PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever fill like .....

novamadcars
29-03-06, 05:26 PM
im just wondering if any of you just fill like giving up on your projects?
as its come 2 that time for me as i want 2 give up as im lacking funds :cry:

womble sri
29-03-06, 05:47 PM
yeah i thought id never say it but im thinkin about selling my nova :cry: and buying an xe :thumb:

novamadcars
29-03-06, 05:49 PM
i just dont know what 2 do anymore as i keep spending money on the project and it never seems 2 change much lol

kevo16v
29-03-06, 05:53 PM
Christ yeah, at least twice a month!lol Seriously tho, things haven't gone exactly to plan recently but thats half the fun i say. I'd be a fool to sell it after the amount of money i've thrown at it in the last 7 years!

General Baxter
29-03-06, 05:56 PM
:D lol :thumb:

Jack
29-03-06, 06:00 PM
Mine's not really a "project" but the gearbox is pissing me off slightly :mad:

novamadcars
29-03-06, 06:02 PM
a few things that are making me fill like this
big dent in the middle of the roof
still saving for a respray
need new tyres
the car uses 2 much pertol for a 1.2
ect
ect lol

Stuart
29-03-06, 06:02 PM
text typing annoys me the most!!!... mr novamadcars ;)

kevo16v
29-03-06, 06:17 PM
a few things that are making me fill like this
big dent in the middle of the roof
still saving for a respray
need new tyres
the car uses 2 much pertol for a 1.2
ect
ect lol
I know just the trick......

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/kevo16v/petcan1.jpg
+
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/kevo16v/match.jpg
:tumble:

mikey14sr
29-03-06, 06:22 PM
Mine hasn't moved for a month, mainly due to not having any insurance, and the astra has now been sat in the same place for 9 months. But I'm still thinking of plans for both of them just waiting for the day I can finally spend some money again.

novamadcars
29-03-06, 06:30 PM
sorry stuart

kevo16v thats just silly no offence

kevo16v
29-03-06, 06:32 PM
lol none taken matey

novamadcars
29-03-06, 06:35 PM
good lol
anyway were in the southeast are you located kevo

kevo16v
29-03-06, 06:36 PM
Im in Bishop's Stortford, its not too far from Stansted airport.

novamadcars
29-03-06, 06:38 PM
oh right i take it you own a nova?

kevo16v
29-03-06, 06:48 PM
indeed i do.....http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v688/kevo16v/side.jpg

novamadcars
29-03-06, 06:55 PM
lovely them rims set that blue paintwork off a treat

kevo16v
29-03-06, 06:57 PM
It wont be blue for much longer, well it will sort of & green.

novamadcars
29-03-06, 06:59 PM
nice one you got any more pics im looking at that pic and dribbling lol

kevo16v
29-03-06, 07:01 PM
http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58818 (http://www.novaload.net/forum/showthread.php?t=58818)

Quite a few more pics here

novamadcars
29-03-06, 07:05 PM
cheers seeing pictures like that make me want 2 finish off mine lol

Mike.
29-03-06, 07:28 PM
lmao @ this thread, i'm taking my time with my nova, i've owned it 2 years now and i never get bored of it, the car won't magically change right in front of your eyes, projects take time.:thumb:

novamadcars
29-03-06, 07:40 PM
very true mike
i like it

Geth
29-03-06, 08:53 PM
It's taken me 18 months to get my rusted MOT failure back on the road and get all of the mods done. Getting it back on the road was the best feeling ever.

Don't give up, it will be worth it!

jamie gsi16v
29-03-06, 08:55 PM
i got bored in sept 05 so i sold everything nova related i had (3 cars and 2 sheds full of bits, made 5k!) bought a beemer and stuck 2k in the bank, got bored of being bored then so in december i spent 1k on a nova gsi ?140 bhp, since then i have converted it too an xe, now a 6spd let and a change of colour! ul just get bored of having nothing too do, trust me lol

graham kirkbride
29-03-06, 09:06 PM
yes jamies rite lads lads lads every one feels like selling or giving up with there projects from time to time but no two novas are the same unless they are factory standard there all special to the people who own them and what you got to ask yourself is why did you start doing all the mods/ conversions to your novas in the first place and the answer is this because you all enjoy it even thow some times funds are low and things dont go rite etc etc and you must admit you get alot of job satisfaction when people make good comments about it knowing you did most/all the work on it yourself ive been doing my nova up for the past 4 yrs and im still spending but its what i like doing wont sell my nova for years and wont get my money back that i have spent on it but its been one of my ambitions to have a very smart and quick nova and i will get there it all takes time especially when ive got a house to run and kids to feed but im not giving it up no way yes mine is the orange one to the left

Geth
29-03-06, 09:09 PM
ul just get bored of having nothing too do, trust me lol

Very true, keep your hands and mind busy. You'll only end up taking up other hobbies like masterbation or smoking weed.

I'm not saying masterbation or smoking weed are bad hobbies but they don't impress so much when showing off to your mates lol

graham kirkbride
29-03-06, 09:13 PM
is that the jamie that i met at pv show 05 on the just novas stand had a orange wide arched nova if so how are you mate aint see you in a while hows things:thumb:

jamie gsi16v
29-03-06, 09:32 PM
is that the jamie that i met at pv show 05 on the just novas stand had a orange wide arched nova if so how are you mate aint see you in a while hows things:thumb:

yes m8 thats me, had the worlds most hectic year, so many things have been happening etc etc sold the orange one and my xe nova and spare shell n everything i had then bought a beemer n got bored n now got another one which iv spent far too much on in the last 3 months but im keeping this one, got some very special plans?

novamadcars
29-03-06, 09:44 PM
cheers lads for the advice

Lee
01-04-06, 05:28 PM
Christ, if i gave up after a few setbacks, my Nova would be long gone. IMO if you didnt run into problems to get over, the satisfaction of finishing it at the end isnt nearly as good. Stick with it :thumb:

2LBaz
01-04-06, 06:50 PM
Well, Ive had a few Nova's and even though this is the pinkest one Ive owned-She is the cleanest one Ive owned.

My previous car was mint when I sold her, But needed tonnes of welding etc, but was good underneath. This one has mint bodywork, mint underneath, engine bay seams are going, but once shes had a respray, will be a nice car.

Plus the 2L & F16 are already there so....im quite happy, another 1k n it will be done.

Just need to sort the track rod ends....any help.....gratefully received PM me! Thats the only thing getting me down!

Stuart
01-04-06, 08:08 PM
Christ, if i gave up after a few setbacks, my Nova would be long gone. IMO if you didnt run into problems to get over, the satisfaction of finishing it at the end isnt nearly as good. Stick with it :thumb:

and getting the right length trailers ;) lol

mine was intended to be a quick 1 month job but its now 18months - 2years in the making lmao.
its about 4 weekends worth of work from being done.. finally got some 13" rims that are about right so i can start to get it nearly roadworthy etc

Lee
01-04-06, 11:15 PM
and getting the right length trailers ;) lol

And stopping your windows falling out :wtf:

Tazzy
01-04-06, 11:19 PM
yip, gave up on my first nova as id crashed it 4 times (never my fault) been vandelised a douzen times and and been stopped by the police so many times ive lost count!

as for this one, as most of you may have seen in the for sale section, yes, ive given up again, obviously ive jumped in the deep end and the projects have gotten too big for me, maybe itll be 3rd time lucky one day!

craig green
03-04-06, 12:52 PM
im just wondering if any of you just fill like giving up on your projects?
as its come 2 that time for me as i want 2 give up as im lacking funds :cry:

yeah got quoted ?600 to have my shell welded. thats plus VAt aswell. Hes gonna have a look & quote it but its not going to be much cheaper.

CG

Tazzy
04-04-06, 12:50 AM
600? foooooooook

its costing me 30 just for some welding!

Timmy
05-04-06, 12:22 AM
yes jamies rite lads lads lads every one feels like selling or giving up with there projects from time to time but no two novas are the same unless they are factory standard there all special to the people who own them and what you got to ask yourself is why did you start doing all the mods/ conversions to your novas in the first place and the answer is this because you all enjoy it even thow some times funds are low and things dont go rite etc etc and you must admit you get alot of job satisfaction when people make good comments about it knowing you did most/all the work on it yourself ive been doing my nova up for the past 4 yrs and im still spending but its what i like doing wont sell my nova for years and wont get my money back that i have spent on it but its been one of my ambitions to have a very smart and quick nova and i will get there it all takes time especially when ive got a house to run and kids to feed but im not giving it up no way yes mine is the orange one to the left
i feel inspired Well Said

Lee H
07-04-06, 11:52 AM
I nearly gave up but then thought about all the money i'd spent and the fact i've not driven it for nearly two years and decided to finish it.

Just spent ?1000 on getting new front inner wings and turrets welded in, front crossmember boxed for intercooler, whole shell stitch welded front and back, seat rails welded in and all the work done for the F28 conversion. Sounds a lot but want this to be the last time and want a decent job after all the crap jobs done in the past.

Then got ?1000 ish to spend on respray and it should all be done I hope. :eek:

-tucny-
07-04-06, 12:55 PM
i stopped driving my nova in 2002. it started to get a few rust problems, i had a dent in my door, all my tyres needed changing so i put my steelies back on and people were pointing an laughing at me at traffic lights.

so i parked it in my garden and stripped it. i didnt know very much about body work etc so iv learnt how to paint, weld, etc... my only problem is that i dnt have a garage so i can only work on the car when the weathers ok. hence thats why 4 years later its still not finished. but i know that when iv finally finished it il be proud of my work.

hobbies are hobbies, stick with it and it will pay off eventually.

craig green
07-04-06, 03:02 PM
600? foooooooook

its costing me 30 just for some welding!

thats for new r/chassis legs & boot floor. So not exactly a whole shell job. The guy I have approached is a motorsport/ rally car prepper. I'm fed up with poor body shop jobs where its bodged to 'get it out'. Last time my boot floor was patched, the monkeys burnt the hell out of my GSi r/seats. :confused: