PDA

View Full Version : inner wings....

shy witness
27-03-06, 07:33 PM
i remembetr seeing a few pictures of some of ur novas with trhe inner wings all smoothed,and i have 2 say i really like the look of that.....

woz just wondering wot sorta work is involved as i woz out there now..scraping off underseal.....(and rust) arround the engine bay

did uz weld in a panel or wot that meets the lip from strut top 2 inner wing.....as i think that this may possibly be the best way.and then obviously alotta filling and rubbing down

also where have yous relocated the expansion tank......and washer bottle to???

has anyone got any pictures of doing this at different stages...or even better
is there.or could anyone do a sorta step by step guide 2 the do's and dont's of taking on such a contract..........2 make it simpler

i'm not scarred of doin alotta welding or wotever.and would prefer 2 do it in the strongest way if i woz 2 start in2 it

mikey14sr
27-03-06, 07:50 PM
If you look through Joff's work in progress thread he has a couple of pics of his at various stages. You need to weld in a strip of metal to cover the step in the seam around the suspension turret. Then grind down the welds (not too much!), and skim with filler. Try to get the shape right with bits of metal plate and grinding back the welds, you want as little filler as possible over the top to avoid having it crack as the body flexes.