PDA

View Full Version : central locking on boot

Rich
26-03-06, 08:02 PM
Did any novas come with this standard? Theres holes in the boot for the solenoid so i'd guess so, didnt find anything at the breakers yesterday though. Could i use stuff of an astra etc?

Im thinking about getting a semi-smooth boot, but if i do ill be a bit stuck if my battery goes flat with de-locked doors lol . Anywhere i can get a boot release kit cheap?

Give it some rev
26-03-06, 08:07 PM
yeah, top models such as GTE's etc came with CL

leebo
27-03-06, 06:50 PM
they hard to fit? what alls required to fit this?

sorry for hijack

mikey14sr
27-03-06, 08:10 PM
I'll have a look tomorrow if it's not raining.

Im thinking about getting a semi-smooth boot, but if i do ill be a bit stuck if my battery goes flat with de-locked doors lol . Anywhere i can get a boot release kit cheap?

If you remove the lock cylinder from the boot aswell a boot popper aint gonna help if the battery's flat.

Ste L
27-03-06, 08:26 PM
I'll have a look tomorrow if it's not raining.

If you remove the lock cylinder from the boot aswell a boot popper aint gonna help if the battery's flat.

well if you run wires, from the batt to under the car, with a connector on for a small 12v battery, that should give you enough power, to pop your doors locks, if your batt goes flat :thumb:

Riggy
27-03-06, 08:31 PM
and no novas came with CL on the boot as std

mikey14sr
27-03-06, 08:34 PM
A friend of mine did that, a few days later he woke up to find the boot open and empty, some little get had seen the wires hanging under his rear bumper, they had used a 12v battery out of a computer ups to open the boot which we found lying nearby.

Ste L
27-03-06, 11:21 PM
A friend of mine did that, a few days later he woke up to find the boot open and empty, some little get had seen the wires hanging under his rear bumper, they had used a 12v battery out of a computer ups to open the boot which we found lying nearby.

i wouldn't of connected it to a boot popper, i ment connect it to the battery, so if it goes dead, you can hook up a 12 v batt, then it will give enough power for you to use your alarm fob, you unlock the car:roll:

Adam
28-03-06, 12:23 AM
Yup, thats a good plan /\

As long as the lock motor itself doesn't go dead lol