PDA

View Full Version : GSi to bigmouth bumper(2)

bob
17-02-02, 09:49 AM
Ok then laydees and gents,I have cut the bigmouth on my gsi bumper right back to the front of the bumper(sorta make sense?) and filed it down etc and I am now looking into a few test runs with different types of mesh,however,I tried offering some mesh to it,cut to about the right size,and Im puzzled how to make it fit properly!-you have the curve round the front of the bumper,which would be easy to manage with,but you also have the curve DOWN the front of the bumper,so how can I deal with 2 curves easily? help needed people,as Im picking up the car on sunday :D and Im looking at getting the damage repaired and front bumper painted as soon as possible-also,I have a cool idea for a splitter for the car,but I need a couple of parts first,well,I got 2 different ideas :)

sideskirts soon

bob
17-02-02, 06:41 PM
so thats basically have the mesh quite overlapping,and dont have it touching the mouth at all?-I still need to "aquire" my ideal splitter(s) the one I had in mind for the rear is not off the vehicle I thought it was,so Im back to the drawing board!-decided on the front one,almost for defo,just gotta get a price on one,or aquire one,all I really need now is an interior for the car,got a price on a roll cage,and Im tempted,but I aint too sure on taking the plunge on bucket seats cos Ive never sat in one!

sideskirts soon

darren
19-02-02, 02:14 PM
Cut slits in the mesh right upto and just before the mouth at the bottom and this will enable you to bend the mesh how you want it. Good to see u havn't gave up!!! Keep at it cos they look better than the Kingdom one's in my opinon.

Twitchin like a pigs eye!

PAG
19-02-02, 03:38 PM
half way stage.

http://communities.msn.co.uk/EXTREMENOVAS/otherstuff.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=56

ignore the splitter as its upside down

bob
19-02-02, 11:09 PM
v nice pag,a bit too big for me tho-I got a load of mesh to play with at the mo,so I can have a few goes.
Im still searching for my splitter,I have a few different ones in mind now,just dont wanna pay more than ?30 for one :(

sideskirts soon

Rich Dale
20-02-02, 01:41 AM
VERY Interesting pics there Pag....especially the cut down dash ;)

Not sure about the Limo though!

PAG
20-02-02, 04:26 PM
what u know its about a nova limo!