PDA

View Full Version : left foot catches on somthing when turning

SRlew
26-03-06, 04:24 PM
right noticed it when i got the car on the road that when i turn my left foot catches on somthing, it must be on the steering collum.

any one else had this problem? and what can i do about it?

cheers, lew

TommySR
26-03-06, 05:28 PM
i did actually yes. Was in my old car, you mean when you put your foot on the clutch you can feel something catching the top of it while you turn??

General Baxter
26-03-06, 05:38 PM
yes its the steering column, if you have big feet its a problem

fearless
26-03-06, 06:06 PM
any one else had this problem? and what can i do about it?

Cut your left foot off !!!!lol

(Sorry - couldn't resist)

Adam
26-03-06, 06:21 PM
Ye, that happens to me sometimes, i just move my foot further down the clutch pedal. Lol

nova~norm
26-03-06, 06:26 PM
had same problem

Geth
26-03-06, 06:33 PM
It's just a little design problem with the nova, nothing can really be done about it. As Long Live the Nova said, try to move your left foot down the clutch pedal a bit or just put up with it. It's a bit annoying but you get used to it.

Iain
26-03-06, 07:00 PM
Found this happening with my big feet too. Glad to hear it's not a problem. lol

LUV2XLR8
26-03-06, 07:18 PM
i had this problem with my fiat punto and my nova, if your feet are size 11 or over your in the ****. or just addapt to driving with a squint left foot ;)

SRlew
26-03-06, 08:12 PM
Cut your left foot off !!!!lol

(Sorry - couldn't resist)

lol that would be the easiest option but i want to keep mine.

im glad it isnt just mine then, i thought it was somthing the garage cocked up on or something:roll:

started to adapt to it lately as i no its there sort of thing. when i first drove it (this is my first car) cause i wasnt used to driving. my foot got stuck on it when i went to pull off and it was just revingas i couldnt let the clutch up, felt like a right d**k, and seeing as i had no driving expierience i felt even worselol .

suppose it doesnt help wearing size 12's.

cheers all, thats made me feel a lot better, was starting to get depressed cause was thinking there was somthing else wrong with itlol

lew