PDA

View Full Version : drinkin fuel and power loss

novalovingned
25-03-06, 09:19 PM
Was just wonderin if u guys knew what was wrong with my birds corsa!
only happened when i was sprayin it,it was lyin for 2 weeks in a big wearhouse,i started it every day just for the sake of starting it.
When we got it bak it would struggle to hit hi revs,its very boggy when it starts and when it drives,coz of this prob it does 25 miles to the gallon and its only a 1.2 does any1 have any ideas

novalovingned

db_1.2
25-03-06, 10:31 PM
i used to do that to my nova, start it every day as its a project, and ive been told if you leave a car standing too long and just keep starting it, it will effect the performance of the car, plus mine was very boggy and drank the fuel badly so it has the same symptoms, i gave it a good run out for half an hour and it was performing a lot better, hope this helps your problem:thumb:

Adam
26-03-06, 12:07 AM
Your probably better not starting it at all, than keep starting it everyday and going no where.

As above, id take it for a long drive, see if that clears it out.

SRlew
26-03-06, 04:28 PM
yer i got told not to start it at all while mine was of the road, it was off the road for 10 months. pushed it down the road and it fired up straight away, and it just need a little drive and it was fine.

lew