PDA

View Full Version : k n problems......not nova :(

gary_1.2Merit
25-03-06, 05:39 PM
hi i have a 106 lol 1.1 carb. any way, i got a KN filter like it saied on there website, went to fit it earlier, and the hole in the bottom of the filter is about 7" n the carbs inlet is only about 2/2.5". is the sum kinda tubing i can get or a BIG reduction sleeve. thied to find another induction kit but every where says to get the one i got lol

Im posting on ere coz i tried the 106 forum, n there all lyk "dont get an induction kit there gay, n suck in hot air n make it stall"

any ideas!!!!!!!!

dan23
25-03-06, 06:46 PM
fitted one on a metro once u should get some sleeves in the packageing u just fit correct size sleeveto the carb inlet then fit carb

gary_1.2Merit
25-03-06, 11:23 PM
does any one know where to get these sleeves from, as the kit didnt come with any?

Adam
26-03-06, 12:12 AM
Its probably the wrong filter to your engine.

What filter is it? Like a flat filter, or a cone type filter?

jbowman
26-03-06, 03:29 AM
Got any pics? I fitted one to my gfriends 1.1 SPi Saxo N-reg which looked like this

http://kandn.com/images/l/57-0204.jpg

I just put some bigger air feeds to it as it sat pretty much on top and at the back of the engine, surely her saxo 1.1 is the same as your pug 1.1? Even though the K&N filters have different numbers.

gary_1.2Merit
26-03-06, 03:04 PM
yup thats exactly what mine looks like. the problem i have is that mines a Carb not SPi although the KnN website says thats the one for all models.

OMG this forum is so much mor help that the 106 one lol:D

dan23
26-03-06, 03:59 PM
i may be wrong but if its carb should have a bolt on filter not a cone filter
u could try an get the piece of pipe of a pug with in jection bolt it to carb an put cone filter on end

put a pic up of your carb to be sure

jbowman
26-03-06, 07:53 PM
i may be wrong but if its carb should have a bolt on filter not a cone filter

Dont worry, I thought the same thing when my gfriend got hers, as I had an old metal bolt on for my old 1.2 Nova. I thought they were trying to rip her off until I had a look at the car & made sure on the K&N site by putting in the part number.