PDA

View Full Version : catch tank an t40s

dan23
24-03-06, 10:24 PM
when fiiting t40s witch pipe should go to a catch tank ?

is it the two breather pipes for the crank shaft ventilation does any oil come out of these?

Nick
24-03-06, 10:56 PM
Crankcase breather pipe.

Some wierd gunky stuff comes out of it now and again, sometimes looks like a pale yellowy white.

Occasionally it might throw oil, mine threw about a cup full once, best to keep an eye on it now and again !

mikey14sr
25-03-06, 09:30 AM
You can just connect the larger of the two pipes from there and stick a close-fitting bolt in the small one to blank it off.

dan23
25-03-06, 01:49 PM
connect the larger pipe to a catch tank ?does it need to connct to anything or can a stick an oil breather filter in it an vent to atmoshere

i thought they were called breathers cos they need to breath wont blank it off f*ck it up some how ?

does one blow an one suck there are some jap catch tanks on ebay buy now for ?30 but they have about 3 stubs to connect pipes to

mikey14sr
25-03-06, 02:59 PM
You can vent it to atmosphere yes,The smaller one would have gone to one of the vacumn connections on the carb origionaly from looking at the pics i have. So anything coming through that would have just been burnt off, therefore it should be safe to blank it off.