PDA

View Full Version : battery?

edwards15
24-03-06, 09:40 PM
hia people! might sound abit blonde this 2 some of ya but im young and learnin so i may aswell ask before i go out and buy a batteryhttp://www.dfdvauxhall.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif
i got a nova gsi and it wont start without gettin the jump leeds out (wont even turn over) even after keepin it runnin for a while and then stoppin it it wont start again so im just wonderin could it be anythin els other than the battery?(electrical)interior light works http://www.dfdvauxhall.com/forum/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

edwards15
24-03-06, 09:41 PM
oh ye it was sittin for about 2 weeks aswell if that helps

Welsh Dan
24-03-06, 09:45 PM
Could be the starter motor, relay for the starter motor.. Do you hear a click when you try to start it?

edwards15
24-03-06, 09:49 PM
yeh here a click when i try 2 start it

Welsh Dan
24-03-06, 10:09 PM
Check the wiring to the starter motor, if the wiring is ok, its probably the starter motor.

Do you have a multimeter?

shy witness
24-03-06, 10:09 PM
it would more than likely be the battery imo.........

that would certainly b the place 2 start........

have u not got another spare 1....or 1 u could borrow 4 a few days 2c if thats the problem...........

hopefully that would be the easy solution

edwards15
24-03-06, 10:19 PM
yeh i think its the battery im just gunna get a new battery 2mo if thats not the problem i'll check the wiring to starter motor and the starter motor.

thanks for the reply lads!

Lee
24-03-06, 10:53 PM
Wont be the starter motor if it starts fine on jump leads!!

Batterys not holding charge and is fooked OR your alternator is fooked and isnt charging the battery properly, but if its running fine and your not getting a battery light, it will be option number 1

edwards15
24-03-06, 10:55 PM
thats it then mate i'll get it sorted out.
thanks

Welsh Dan
24-03-06, 11:02 PM
Wont be the starter motor if it starts fine on jump leads!!

Batterys not holding charge and is fooked OR your alternator is fooked and isnt charging the battery properly, but if its running fine and your not getting a battery light, it will be option number 1

thats what i get for speed reading lol :)

Riggy
25-03-06, 09:09 PM
to test your alternator , get the car running by jumping it then disconnect the battery , if it keeps running your alternator is working if it dies then its fooked