PDA

View Full Version : Digi Dash Conversion

Simes
24-03-06, 10:25 AM
Quick question, im putting an 2.0xe into my 1.0litre spin, now i have heard rumours that there are like 12 different transponder/transducers and it is a bugger to find the one you need for an nova? is this true or is it just another nova myth! many thanks. also when buying one am i right in believing i need the 2 plugs for the dash, the transducer and obviously the clocks? plus what is average prices of a digi dash these days? lol sorry for going on a bit

Simes
24-03-06, 08:34 PM
anyone?

Nath
24-03-06, 08:37 PM
rough price is about ?50 for one. theres only one type of transducer. the 2 plugs should come with the dash a black and a white one. im sure someone can supply u with a wiring diagram to wire the nova loom up to the dash's loom. its not hard anyway i managed it in about an hour. youll also need to run a seperate wire from the back of the dash to your coil as im guessing your nova hasnt got a rev counter??

dan23
24-03-06, 10:08 PM
there are two transducer they look same but have different letters on them Ah and Ak i think

Simes
25-03-06, 09:28 AM
yeh my car hasnt got a rev counter, theres one on ebay im looking at it seems to have loadsof wiring with it and the transducer but the seller doesnt know if he has the two plugs, will it still work or and where could i get these plugs seperate? cheers

Crazy Ry Ry
25-03-06, 11:26 AM
I not long done a digi dash conversion on my 1.2i and found there is already a wire in the standard loom that does the revs.
its the same colour as the digital dash wire loom .
hope this helps !:thumb:

Simes
25-03-06, 11:44 AM
nice 1 fella im sure ill bare that in mind

Crazy Ry Ry
25-03-06, 12:06 PM
couldnt tell you if your loom will be the same tho .
If not im sure its just a quick job of feeding a live from the coil !
P.s any one have any ideas on why my digi dash (tick rev counter) wont switch to mph ? clock fault ?