PDA

View Full Version : de-viynal or re-viynal

ollster
11-02-02, 07:12 PM
ive got a nova 1.4 sri, and i am having it re-sprayed in flame red next months. The question i have got is shall i de-viynal or shall re-viynal. I know this has been asked many tims before, but i though i would get your opinions.

cheers

live fast, die young, leave good looking corpse

apples
11-02-02, 11:00 PM
de-vinyl - its the only way i like em. more modern

Stuart
12-02-02, 11:05 AM
ITS YOUR CHOICE!

Im a Corporate tart :D

ollster
12-02-02, 01:55 PM
Thanks fo the 'opinoin'cambridge

adam5
12-02-02, 02:47 PM
get rid of the vinyl around the bottom of the car but keep the vinyl around the B post. unless u got a white car then keep all the vinyl

Fester
12-02-02, 08:45 PM
hmmmmmm theres an SR with a valver in the gallery and it looks spectacular returned to standard exterior spec with 16s

mmmmmmmm and the power to boot as well

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

ollster
12-02-02, 11:13 PM
is it the mk1 with the amazing flame red restored paint work, if so i thought just that, it looks perfect

Fester
12-02-02, 11:38 PM
its fuckin ace

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

big_steve_x
13-02-02, 09:44 AM
i have a flame red (i think) MK2 nova, and was wondering if i should take the grey bump things off the side, or vinyl what ever its called, me dad recons it'll take the paint off when it comes off, is this true???
if not what should i use to get it off???

wisewood
13-02-02, 03:07 PM
use a hair dryer or heat gun to warm up the vinyl - and loosen up the glue, then peel off very carefully.

the name is misleading - because i am not called wisewood.

Rich Dale
13-02-02, 11:18 PM
I like the standard two-tone colour scheme of the SR/i so I'd say re-vinyl.....but it's up to you.

It's like me with my GTE.....I'm keeping ALL the original vinyl 'cos it's what makes it have the GTE look.
I always loved the black between the rear lights....it's one of my favourite features, so I'd never get rid of it.

Standard looking SR/i's are very rare these days so I say keep the vinyl.

Fester
14-02-02, 11:19 PM
agreed

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS