PDA

View Full Version : My Nova GTE

kir_m
23-03-06, 08:04 PM
Hi there, I recently got myself a Nova GTE, which is lovely, but the pipe that connects the plenum chamber to the air flow sensor has split and its currently being held together with masking tape, which had done the job until recently. I took my car to the local vauxhall garage and they have told me that vauxhall no longer make the part due to the age of my car (1988). Do any of you know where i can get one of these, or if there is anything which will sufficiently replace it because it is really giving me trouble now and i love my car and want to drive it lots!

PLEASE help me!

Kirsty

Give it some rev
23-03-06, 08:59 PM
scrap yard if not it might be an idea to look at one off a astra mk3 1.6

kir_m
23-03-06, 09:07 PM
Thanks thats great, are they similar are they?

Give it some rev
24-03-06, 08:37 AM
yeah more or less, astra one maybe a bit longer but beggers cant be choosers if ya no what i mean

mowgli
24-03-06, 07:16 PM
My local gm dealer still gets bits for mk1 novas, I got an ignition module bracket last year for a gte and it came on a stock order from spain.... maybe the man just couldn't be bothered.

kir_m
26-03-06, 01:24 PM
Yeh i know, all they told me was that they couldnt get the part and i would have to take it somewhere else (after charging me ?80 for some spark plugs and a fuel filter). I dont suppose you have the number for this place?

p.s.guy
26-03-06, 02:39 PM
did you find one in the end, i have found one in my atic you can have just pay the postage

mowgli
26-03-06, 09:23 PM
the old pipe will have a part number on it. ring them up & give them it, don't tell them the model & ask if they can backorder it

kir_m
26-03-06, 10:10 PM
No i still havent found one, mine is currently taped up with carpet tape (sophistocated worksmanship of parkside vauxhall!), i'm a bit rubbish with parts, its about 3.5/4" in diameter rite? That would be great, if its still on offer? How much did you want me to send and what address should i send it to? PM me with details. Thanks a lot, i'd buy you a pint if i could send it by post!