PDA

View Full Version : rear brake adjusting problem

SRlew
23-03-06, 12:05 PM
right just been looking at my haynes manual about adjusting the rear breaks. (page 9.2 breaking system. section 3)

it shows a pic of a bolt you have to do up, so went out and jcked up the car and it looks like i havent even got that bolt:confused:

is there some kind of cover over the hole of the back or what.

quick reply would be great as its my only day off when i can actually do it.

help appreciated, lew

bump
23-03-06, 12:43 PM
The rear drums were changes to self adjusting at some point. I can't remember when off the top of my head though.

Cheers

Bump

SRlew
23-03-06, 12:56 PM
ahh. you know of any other way i can reduce my brake pedal travel?

cheers, lew

bump
23-03-06, 01:05 PM
Yep i do fortunatly (sp). what you need to do is adjust the nut behind the brake pedal on the remote bar that links it to the servo, IIRC its a 17mm spanner you need.

Cheers

Bump

SRlew
23-03-06, 01:34 PM
yer tried that one but the nut wont go any further as the pedal wont allow it to. so am out of ideas now.

lew

craig green
23-03-06, 02:01 PM
isnt there an inspection hole on the back of the drums. The self adjusters usually seize up with crud. You can stick a screwdriver in & manually rotate the self adjuster to wind the pads out a bit.

SRlew
23-03-06, 02:51 PM
on mione thgeres like this little rubber thing that looks like it could be pulled of actually. would this be the hole your on about?

lew

mikey14sr
23-03-06, 03:22 PM
Yep thats the blanking plug for the inspection hole.

SRlew
23-03-06, 04:51 PM
so if i take that off can i adjust them then? whats needed, a screwdriver or socket?

cheers, lew