PDA

View Full Version : carbon bonnet

JAMIEP
23-03-06, 01:06 AM
Does any1 know where i can have a carbon bonnet made or if a company sells thm? cheers

russ150485
23-03-06, 08:49 AM
unfortunatley no one makes them. i wanted one a couple of weeks ago and could not find one! you are best to find a fiberglass firm local as poss to you and have a word with them, thats how i got mine done.

2LBaz
25-03-06, 01:27 PM
You can get them if you find a good local rally/ race prep car shop, I bought one 2 years ago for ?400 though! :eek:
Wouldnt advise it though, get a fibreglass one. less hassle. plus local chavs wont notice the difference. less bling less trouble I say.

Tazzy
29-03-06, 11:48 PM
how much is a firbeglass one?

id love to have a fibreglass bonnet and wings with perspex windows, but havent got the lizzies for it, that would save a nice bit of weight!

JamieXE
04-04-06, 10:08 PM
Fibreglass bonnets are ?130 from iain @ www.eurorallye.co.uk (http://www.eurorallye.co.uk)

i bought a second hand one from him. bolts straight on to standard hinges and saves nearly 7kg over original bonnet. looks proper rally slag.

i am thinking about getting the fibreglass tailgate too!

jamie

mikey14sr
05-04-06, 04:24 PM
I'm sure I remember someone selling carbon fibre bonnet skins, IIRC they were designed so that they bonded on to the origional frame work, in place of the origional skin, Can't remember who it was for the life of me though.

mikey14sr
05-04-06, 04:30 PM
Ahhh, might have found it. Essex racing do some full carbon bonnets, only vauxhall ones they list on the website are for corsa b and astra's, ?350 each.