PDA

View Full Version : water pipes an carbs

dan23
22-03-06, 06:50 PM
viewed from under bonnet

fitted t40 ( on 1.4) this is what i am left with

on the left of the manifold there is the heater hose that goes to union on manifold but this has a t piece in it with a small pipe coming off ,this small pipe is not neded anymore ?so can i remove the t peice an add a piece of tube so i lose the small pipe ?

on right there is an s shaped hose that goes to watr pipe under manifoldthis has a t piece with a small pipe coming off can i do same as above?

also if water cools the manifold as it comes through the heater hose how does it get back out ?

mikey14sr
22-03-06, 07:08 PM
on the left of the manifold there is the heater hose that goes to union on manifold but this has a t piece in it with a small pipe coming off ,this small pipe is not neded anymore ?so can i remove the t peice an add a piece of tube so i lose the small pipe ?

on right there is an s shaped hose that goes to watr pipe under manifoldthis has a t piece with a small pipe coming off can i do same as above?

Yes you can, these hoses go to the origional carb to operate the autochoke.

also if water cools the manifold as it comes through the heater hose how does it get back out ?

Wrong way around, hot water comes out of the head, through the inlet manifold, through the hose into the heater matrix, and then out of the matrix into the large metal pipe which feeds back to the water pump.

dan23
22-03-06, 07:16 PM
cheers mate

mikey14sr
22-03-06, 08:11 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v689/mickyd79/heaterhoses.jpg
Hose marked number 1(highlighted) should now go to the inlet manifold (on the left looking from front of the car)

dan23
22-03-06, 09:19 PM
were did it go origanly an were does the other end go to ?
swapped head over got pipes every were

mikey14sr
22-03-06, 09:35 PM
That pipe no.1 should come from the bulkhead, it is the inlet pipe for the heater matrix, and would have origionally gone to the back of the inlet manifold, just below the carb.