22-03-06, 04:00 PM
Any good

anyone have previous experience

any info welcome

cheers shane

craig green
22-03-06, 05:00 PM
DONT DO IT!!

I had a kit in 2000. All of it is now in the bin.

1st to go was fr springs. (warranted). Then had new fr dampers, then another pair, then had a whole kit on warranty. Then r/dampers spat all fluid out on my drive.

Got my money back.

In my experience its just cheap rubbish. I couldnt decide if the springs were crap & destroying the dampers or the other way round.

Incidently the springs are the same as Pi, Ventura & Bilstein. (all same part #). 60/149

I'd advise chassis dynamics or Courtenay clubman kits with the decarbon dampers.

CG....note; I feel very strongly about this kit.

novamadman
22-03-06, 05:02 PM
please tell me you are joking :cry:

i have one coming new this week lol

heard a few say it was a brilliant suspension but now this :cry:

lol

craig green
22-03-06, 05:19 PM
Sorry chap.

Thought you were researching before buying. Roads where I live arent the greatest but Ive seen worse & I make considerable effort to avoid nasty potholes etc for the sake of my car/suspension.

It would always feel peachy for a while when the springs were fresh on the car, but it would soon go really saggy & very bouncy at the front. It was supposed to be a -35mm drop but the front would look totally decked after a couple weeks. The rear barely went down at all from std.
The car would bounce & skip under breaking & the tyres sometimes squealed intermoittently as the traction came & went under bouncing.

I dont want to alarm you, but see how ya get on. Bilstein customer service is OK I found out.

novamadman
22-03-06, 05:22 PM
cheers for your help

i was speaking to allan at pro tec he said the stadnard springs that come with the kit are pure rubbish for whatever reason so i may get better ones of anyone has any recomendations i would be greatful

cheers shane

Stuart
22-03-06, 06:12 PM
the yellow shock Billies are amazing, the cup/sport ones

Adam
22-03-06, 06:15 PM
The yellow kit is good.
Its the black kit that aint, its only slightly uprated from standard GM kit.

Edit-Stu beat me to it,Lol.

novamadman
22-03-06, 06:15 PM
yeah i have them on my rally car but they are pretty steep i got them cheap tahts the only reason i have them lol

the others are red i think

craig green
23-03-06, 02:09 PM
the yellow shock Billies are amazing, the cup/sport ones

True

As said the std Ventura springs that come with the streetline kit are pants. They also share the same part no with PI springs & some others.

Use Eibach or custom coilsprings89 ones. Ive been through so many suspension parts as a result of buying the streetline kit that my set up is as follows.

KONI front dampers
Coilsprings89 -45mm springs (going down further)
TAS rosejointed bottom arms
Powerflex ARB bushes
Sparco alloy upper fr strutbrace
KYB 'gold' rear dampers
Courtenay rear springs

A right old mish mash that works well & most of it was bought to replace leaking & worn streetline components.

Somewhere on MIG Ive seen someone post pics of streetline springs in about 8 peices!

Stanley
23-03-06, 03:53 PM
ive got the yellow shock ones (dont know the name)

and by fvck do they make a difference!

really really impressed with them

IMO they suit smaller engined novas as theye are quite rigid, a bigger engine would make it bounce alot

craig green
24-03-06, 12:12 PM
Yellow Bilsteins are fine. Its the black (direct replacements) OE spec ones that are poor & supplied with the streetline kit.