PDA

View Full Version : stoping side repeaters for being nicked?

ednovasr
31-01-02, 02:31 PM
Does ne know how I could stop my next paire of clear oval side repeaters form being nicked?
I had cliped and clear silicon sealed them in they had been in for little over two years and some little dickless piece of F**King S**T nicked them when I was parked out side my Ladies house!
Could I hock up some sort of electric current form the battery?
NEone Ideas please?
X-(

Steve.sri
31-01-02, 10:41 PM
take them off and fill the holes in :)
they cant get nicked cause there wont be any :P

Steve

Fester
01-02-02, 11:13 AM
its pretty harsh and stuff getting nicked is never good but a) plastic isnt too hot at conducting electricity and b) 2 years aint overly bad

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

simon@novaheaven
01-02-02, 12:46 PM
homing beacons set inside the lens. wait a day then track them to the lads house and give him a slap and get them back. could prove to be costly.

2 years aint bad for keepin a set though perhaps he felt you should update them for a newer design and so he helped you remove them.

v1nce
01-02-02, 12:54 PM
buy orange 1s lol :)

or take the wing off,poke the repeater through then fibre glass or glue round the peg on the back of the wing.

ive never done it but its the way i would

ednovasr
01-02-02, 02:50 PM
thanks people!the james bond 007 aproach I think will be a bit on the pricy side I think might get a set of the new Astra(square) or new Corsa (oval)ones and glue them in place so they can't go walkies!
;)

v1nce
02-02-02, 09:50 AM
make sure u buy em from a vaux dealer then

lens (pair of) = ?6
bulb holders = ?3

include vat which is ?6 then aftermarket 1s :o

ednovasr
04-02-02, 10:47 AM
Why thank you muchly

Will def get some new ones@that price!

Removing holes will cost a fair bit more than
?12 including the holders

;)

Rich Dale
05-02-02, 12:04 AM
Is that all they cost from Vauxhall :O

Crikey...I'll have to order some when I pop in next time :)
I need something to replace to current orange blobs!

v1nce
05-02-02, 09:58 AM
if u look at the back of em when u get them ull c u just need 2 cut a slot in the wing 2 make em t leave proof 2 ;)

and the bulb holds u just need a pair of red crimps per holder ;)

Fraz
05-02-02, 10:33 AM
superglue em. Like i did.

For Sale- 15" TSW Stealths Good tyres offers??
35mm offset.

Taxed,tested and insured.Go chase criminals

ednovasr
05-02-02, 04:36 PM
I'm gona see if can cut out same shape as repeater in metal one side just slightly bigger 0.5/1mm bend it round edge and the hock it up to battery and see if works!

It's shock time baby!

Stuart
05-02-02, 06:30 PM
erm 12V aint gonna hurt anyone, unless its applied directy to yet brain or heart!

grow up!!!

Im a Corporate tart :D

ednovasr
06-02-02, 08:35 PM
year but might put them off if there hand keeps contracting like a mussel tonner!Next time you see one working just touch with your finger on the pad and see how unplesent it is!
There poss detering them!+i'm having the radar option adding to my alarm!which might help too!

Oh NEone who get the vauxhall ones. you got to order them in first!

Fester
06-02-02, 11:24 PM
i reiterate the main problem:

plastic is used as an electrical insulator for a very good reason.

you could make the whole wing live but then realistically the whole car would be live because of the conductivity throughout the whole car being uavoidable

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS

Rich Dale
07-02-02, 01:16 AM
Just a thought, but if they're hard to get off, some twat might get a screw driver on the job and end up making a right mess of your wing and paint.
It might be cheaper to fit 'em on as normal, then at least the wing might avoid damage if some twat tries nicking 'em.
Just a thought.

ednovasr
08-02-02, 10:48 AM
I not bad point Rich.dale

Um fester the metal would be conducting the current not plastic reed before you comment!
:>

Fester
11-02-02, 08:22 PM
this is coming from the same ed who claimed there were loads of Novas running around on 20s and then couldnt produce any evidence

Hi officer.
What?
She said she was 16!
NOT AGAIN FFS