PDA

View Full Version : MK1 Dials Question

Nova_Tek
21-03-06, 08:11 PM
I currently have 6 dial clocks in my MK1 Nova. On the back of these clocks, what colour are the wires on the plug which supply power to the lights for the dials? (lights that come on when the headlamp switch is turned)

Im trying to wire up some extra LED's to get a brighter look on the dials coz at the mo they are about as bright as an eclipse lol

I could take the feed from the clock as that is also illuminated when the headlamps are on but its a bit of a distance from the dials themselves

Cheers :thumb:

I,theNortherner
21-03-06, 08:14 PM
Will the LEDs make you go quick? Cos if so im going to get some, where do you get yours from? As they are clearly high-performance.

Nova_Tek
21-03-06, 08:17 PM
Will the LEDs make you go quick?

Sorry mate didnt quite catch what you ment

But as for where I get em from try www.ultraleds.co.uk (http://www.ultraleds.co.uk).

novamadcars
22-03-06, 02:14 PM
were did performance come in 2 it?
i thought nova tek was talking about l.e.d.s lol

Nova_Tek
22-03-06, 03:58 PM
were did performance come in 2 it?
i thought nova tek was talking about l.e.d.s lol

I sure was talking about Light Emitting Diodes :)

dan23
22-03-06, 06:54 PM
think the wire for instrument elumenation is grey /grren not 100% sure though

mikey14sr
22-03-06, 08:32 PM
Best way i can think of to get better lighting on the mk1 clocks is to remove the front and hot-glue the led's around the edges of the dial faces, connecting them to the bulb-holders that used to hold the back-light bulbs, but you would have to be carefull not to over-load the printed circuit thing on the back of the clocks.

Nova_Tek
22-03-06, 09:27 PM
thats a good idea but like you said I dnt wanna overload the PCB coz its a new one.

I bought some LED's on a felxi-strip 24 of em. They can be cut every three. I have placed these LED's at points where the bulb holders dont illuminate. So theres 24 LED's scattered around the clocks. Just need to get them wired up.

But thinking about it I may just take a feed from the clock (time)

Hopefuly that shud make things a bit brighter.

mikey14sr
22-03-06, 09:42 PM
If you had them wired as seperate clusters so that each group of led's gave the same resistance as one of the origional bulbs you could use the origional bulb holders to supply the power without overloading the pcb?