PDA

View Full Version : Warning Gm Body Panel

graham kirkbride
21-03-06, 02:50 PM
HI ALL if anyone needs any replacement Gm panels for a nova you better phone your local vauxhall dealer/parts quick as most of them are now no longer in service :( :cry: as i found out this morning when i went for a door and cross member for my mk2 3door hatch and had no luck there is a site called beevers auto panels that do thatcham insuranced approved panels for a nova try them if you are struggling hope this helps you all out

RJM25R
21-03-06, 03:15 PM
This is old news, Fearless, Joff, Me and loads of others who are involved in big rebuilds have been on about this for ages. They stopped making them ages ago, they've been selling from stock for over a year. Some panels are still listed, some not. Bizarrely, drivers wing is available, but passenger wing is NOT!

I cleared out my dealer of most nova body panels they had left, and Joff travelled down from Hull to Oldham to get his stuff because they sorted him out better than his local dealer.

My doors took 3 months to come from germany, after the first lot turned up damaged, that was 6 months ago and were allegedly the "last ones" that will be coming from Germany/Spain.

F3ck me, even Fearless, who WORKS for Vauxhall had to scrabble around for a new wing! My local guy had one hung up that he never even knew about until they cleared some gear out.

I believe door SKINS are still available??????

Stuart
21-03-06, 03:39 PM
wahts the deal with only wanting GM pannels lol. ok so the patterns might not line up 100% but if your doing a full on build then its no bother to get them lined up perfect... why pay over the odds for the same product that costs ?20 etc lol

graham kirkbride
21-03-06, 03:45 PM
this is true what stuart is saying and now realy the only option i have managed to get a mint door now but had to get a cross member from beever auto panel because could not get one from vauxhall and it only cost about 30 pound including delivery and it is the OE equivlant for the crossmember from vauxhall will let you no how good it fits when i fit it

Lee H
21-03-06, 04:40 PM
Managed to get new inner front wings and turrets, new door and new front wings in the last 6 months so looks like it was just in time. Just need front bumper now so best get my finger out.

RJM25R
21-03-06, 05:29 PM
If i'm paying top belt to rebuild my car, I want to use the SAME panels that lasted for ten years on the cars from the factory, not pattern s11ite that may or may not be made to any standard and seems to vary in quality. I'm also the kinda guy who buys Armani jeans, Nescafe Coffee and doesn't shop at Aldi or the market IE I'm not ar$ed how much it costs, more important is that it's what I want and I'm happy with it!

If people can't afford it, then good luck with the pattern panels! Some of them are quite good.

Lee, GSI bumpers still listed, picked mine up today off Johnny Turbo (And a f3cking back panel! Not good news!!!)

Adam
21-03-06, 06:09 PM
I think
www.tuning.co.uk
still sell Gm gsi bumpers.
Only if you ring them tho, not online.

craig green
22-03-06, 12:25 PM
The great Nova panel crisis!

Nick
22-03-06, 12:37 PM
I think
www.tuning.co.uk (http://www.tuning.co.uk)
still sell Gm gsi bumpers.
Only if you ring them tho, not online.

I think they've run out AD !

But yes, they were genuine GM un-painted bumpers, in the anthracite finish

Give it some rev
22-03-06, 02:42 PM
If i'm paying top belt to rebuild my car, I want to use the SAME panels that lasted for ten years on the cars from the factory, not pattern s11ite

SNAP!!! said it before and i'll say it again, quality is worth the price!

Adam
22-03-06, 03:10 PM
SNAP!!! said it before and i'll say it again, quality is worth the price!
Ye, but surely as long as the part is primed and painted correctly, it will last for years, no matter who makes it.

craig green
22-03-06, 04:54 PM
sheet steel is sheet steel.

It isnt like Nova's were made of a high grade stuff in the 1st place!

Recycled dustbins from the costa del sol!

Stuart
22-03-06, 06:03 PM
exactly and the parts your getting now are probably cost down parts anyway so they will be made of Iron Oxide in plant lol.

if your taht horny about using decent oringal parts, get MK1 pannels that are in mint nick and use them as they would be the expensive ones orignally so they might have some real metal in them :D

Rexy
22-03-06, 06:11 PM
Pmsl at this thread...

Must admist tho, we use a lot of Non gen panels, doors, sliding doors, rear quarters etc at work and most of them are a ballache to fit, but they do and usually with a little playing you can get the same panel gaps and fitment.

It's all about which hammer you use :P Jk

Riggy
22-03-06, 06:26 PM
It's all about which hammer you use :P Jk

PMSL ive seen you working with your hammer lol , dont try laugh it off hahahahalol

Rexy
22-03-06, 06:43 PM
The wings sound now pmsl :thumb:

sportster
22-03-06, 07:57 PM
Hi Guys

I just ordered Gm Mk1 inner wings, Full doors, roof panel, full rear quaters, rear panel, sills etc etc etc from my local dealer and they got the bits from uk stock or opel germany in 3 days. no problem

dont see any big prob yet

cheers

krobinson
22-03-06, 10:11 PM
Same story here, opel germany still has loads left as my local dealer got doors, front panel, 2 wings and 2 quaters in 3 weeks ago.

Keith

craig green
23-03-06, 01:56 PM
Hi Guys

I just ordered Gm Mk1 inner wings,

Is there a difference to mk2 inner wings??

Lee H
23-03-06, 02:04 PM
Is there a difference to mk2 inner wings??

No, exactly the same.

craig green
23-03-06, 02:13 PM
Thought so. Prolly a difference on the dealer database. Yr of manufacture or summat silly!

Snowface
23-03-06, 05:08 PM
Bizarrely, drivers wing is available, but passenger wing is NOT!

probably due to more crashes pulling out of junctions and not looking left properly.

RJM25R
23-03-06, 06:46 PM
ok explain..... Far more LHD models were produced, and they would surely be damaged on the OTHER side!!!

Snowface
23-03-06, 08:40 PM
just guessing dude.

are we talking about england or europe?

Benn
23-03-06, 08:46 PM
see i dont get this,my vx dealer can still get everything!inc all the strage stuff,like nova boot boxes,wind deflerctors and that,you should all use my dealer....

Give it some rev
23-03-06, 08:49 PM
yeah i think we shud decend on your dealer:p

Benn
23-03-06, 08:51 PM
i would,everything i want or have needed they've had,can still get allthe stickers,even got a friend the air filter for her air box from a sport...

graham kirkbride
23-03-06, 08:56 PM
hi benn you would be helping me out big time if your dealer as got what i need i just need there phone number if you could give it me

Benn
23-03-06, 08:58 PM
yeah i'll get there number tomoz mate,what do you need?

RJM25R
23-03-06, 09:15 PM
well, if they've got the stuff in stock, perhaps their parts manager just keeps things? a lot of stuff is still available from stock, but if it's out of stock, it can't be made any more.... do you know what I mean??

Benn
23-03-06, 09:18 PM
ah yeah know what you mean,most the stuff is orderd in....some germany or what ever,there to to try,the portsmouth one where i go,and one in liss,will get both numbers for you lot,

Benn
23-03-06, 09:22 PM
VICTORY VAUXHALL portsmouth, 023 9266 1321 White Rose Vauxhall liss: 01730 892121 MAKE SURE YOU ASK FOR MARTIN ON PARTS,tell him benn from mig sent you,you'll get a bit of discount,

graham kirkbride
23-03-06, 09:46 PM
nice one benn hope they can help me with what i need thanks again regards graham:thumb:

Benn
23-03-06, 10:25 PM
thats coolhavent had anything they've not got me yet...and i bought as much new as i could when i rebuilt mine..